Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody using this?

Blog Entries

I used to use the similar vacuum bleeder but long time ago, I broke the air coupler so no longer be able to use the vacuum feature.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VacuumBleederBroken.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	6358
    I still use it with one way valve installed in the tube so that I can use it as one-man bleeder.

You use this vacuum bleeder in conjunction with the normal brake bleeding procedure of pressing and releasing the brake pedal.
    It will prevent the air being sucked back into the brake hydraulic system through the thread of bleeder plug when releasing the pedal while you are working on your alone.

However, you will always see some bubbles in the bleeder tube as the vacuum pressure will suck some air through the thread of bleeder plug.

Therefore, you need to know how many times to press and release the brake pedal to completely get rid of the air from the system. You can’t tell it by looking at the clear tube as there will be lots of bubbles by the time when you arrive at the bleeder.

I moved onto Pressure bleed method. You can get nice looking one from most of the tools manufacture but also you can make similar thing using garden sprayer and attach pressure gauge or even just tyre valve to measure the pressure.

Name:	PressureBleederAttachments.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	6357 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIYattachment01.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	6354 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIYattachment02.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	6355
    I knew the design of reservoir on old Honda cars is not suitable for most of the attachments designed for non-JDM models (like the ones in the photo) so I made one using old Honda reservoir cap with silicone sealant. It worked quite well and so much better than the vacuum bleeder.

However, my DIY attachment started to leak recently so I have now bought this proper attachment from Japanese tools manufacture designed for Honda brake reservoir.

Name:	NewAttachment.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	6356

I just need the low pressure coupler and modify the pressure bleeder hose to connect this attachment.

Winter DIY project for you??

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    ITo be sure of the job being done properly I always end up doing it the old way.
    I wonder if Mrs Kevin is a good as Mrs Mark at this Siobhan's so used to it now she's a master of brake pedal "pump and hold". She still complains about doing it though.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I wonder if Mrs Kevin is a good as Mrs Mark at this Siobhan's so used to it now she's a master of brake pedal "pump and hold". She still complains about doing it though.

Cheers

Mark
    Mrs. told me I can do anything to the NSX as long as she does no hae to get involved!

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    Winter DIY project for you??

Regards,
    Kaz
    Yes Kaz that is the idea, might get a BBK from the US but still undecided.

Thanks for the feedback on the sustem Kaz,

Cheers,

AR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12