Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NA1 3.0 vs 3.2

If you want to get FI you should just get a 3.0 block.

Look at the BIG picture:

Do you want PAS?

Is Targa really a must?

Do you want a lwt car NA with Headers and exhaust circa 300 BHP or do you want a heavy cruizer GT style?

Don't forget that at the very least you need £8k for FI closer to £ 10K to do it right.

Cheers,

AR

Like the others, I would go for a 3.0 as they are more tunable than a 3.2. There are more 3.0 around than 3.2, so more choices & colour, also there will better chance of a targa if thats what you want than a 3.2 Targa. Also being a 3.0, you can save money towards your upgrades which will not be cheap. HTH
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

and personally i think you should rebuild your motor if your going turbo
    s/c will only give as much as you ask your pulley
    its so easy to turn the boost up especially when some goes past you mmmmmmmmmmm

thx amo

4. Default

Thanks for the info guys.

Think 3.0ltr it is then.

I can always gain a bit extra bhp by decent filter, headers and exhaust until im able to buy the turbo kit.

Turbo kit will probably follow this time next year.

Could you please have a look at this car http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/vehi...9198841&Image=

I have mentioned the yellow nsx on autotrader before but there is more info of it on this site. It has 88,000 miles. Would that be a good base car to start with? Would 88,000 miles be ok to start tuning with a turbo and everything?

I have seen the red one it is in Ireland. I even asked my dad what he thought about a Cat D. Is a real bargain but is a Cat D really a good idea? it could be a problem car, the chasis may be twisted or weak. Who knows could have any number of problems, I would be on the first plane if not.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    If you want to get FI you should just get a 3.0 block.

Look at the BIG picture:

Do you want PAS?

Is Targa really a must?

Do you want a lwt car NA with Headers and exhaust circa 300 BHP or do you want a heavy cruizer GT style?

Don't forget that at the very least you need £8k for FI closer to £ 10K to do it right.

Cheers,

AR
    I would like PAS but seeing as the front end is relatively light i doubt it wouldnt matter too much if i had it or not.

Yeah I realise the cost implications of going turbo. The 300zx is a very expensive car to tune in comparison to say a Skyline so i'm used to and fully aware of the costs involved of getting more power and especially if you want to do it realiably.

Thanks

6. Default

If you are set on a turbo, i'd agree with the others, 3.0.

If the likelihood is you'll keep it pretty standard, the 3.2 benefits from a 6 speed box which is a major advantage. The 5 speed requires JDM gearing IMO.

Bear in mind each year has subtle differences, the later the car, generally the better it will be. I noticed as much doing some back to back tests.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    If the likelihood is you'll keep it pretty standard, the 3.2 benefits from a 6 speed box which is a major advantage. The 5 speed requires JDM gearing IMO.

Bear in mind each year has subtle differences, the later the car, generally the better it will be. I noticed as much doing some back to back tests.
    A late model (1995/96) UK car will give you the JDM gearing. If you want JDM gearing without power steering you'll have to seek out an actual JDM car or a UK car that's had the gearbox modified.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
    ........Would 88,000 miles be ok to start tuning with a turbo and everything?.........
    If as the add suggests it has a full and comprehensive history of maintenance then it should be a good base.

AR's now SC'd NSX had over 100k miles before tuning. However, he did a lot of 'basic' service work that had maybe been skipped over time and it would be worth exchanging info with him IMO.

As an option if you haven't seen it yet ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1265612.htm

and it offers both the PAS and Targa options you are interested in. The color combo works well but is not to everyones taste. However, if you look at the refresh thread by Sudesh, he refinished the carpets to black and it both toned down the interior and made it look better at the same time.

Any Targa is going to be very hard to find, so if you see one it would be wise to move quickly. Remember, the best advise with an NSX is to buy on condition / history rather than colour, as there appears to be no real issue with selling any of the colours given the rarity of these cars onto the market.

HTH, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

9. Default

Just to let you know, our 80k mile NSX with FHSH had a broken valve. Somehow it had got stuck and didn't cause damage. I presume with a turbo a rebuild would be par of the course anyway though...
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    If as the add suggests it has a full and comprehensive history of maintenance then it should be a good base.

AR's now SC'd NSX had over 100k miles before tuning. However, he did a lot of 'basic' service work that had maybe been skipped over time and it would be worth exchanging info with him IMO.

As an option if you haven't seen it yet ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1265612.htm

and it offers both the PAS and Targa options you are interested in. The color combo works well but is not to everyones taste. However, if you look at the refresh thread by Sudesh, he refinished the carpets to black and it both toned down the interior and made it look better at the same time.

Any Targa is going to be very hard to find, so if you see one it would be wise to move quickly. Remember, the best advise with an NSX is to buy on condition / history rather than colour, as there appears to be no real issue with selling any of the colours given the rarity of these cars onto the market.

HTH, Paul
    Yeah saw that on, milage is good but not a colour i originally wanted.

I would like: Yellow, Blue, White, Red or Black.

In order i prefer.

Going to take a look at one this Friday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast