Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camber Adjustment Quandary

Thanks all & Kaz you are absolutely right ; the car should be running total toe of out 2.0mm and currently it is running out 2.0mm / side, so no wonder it is a bit nervy! (Same setting on both normal NSX & NSX-R)

Having checked on caster, I am pretty sure as Mark says that the actuals are + values (as per the standard NSX settings) and that the - signs on Honda's info sheet on suspension settings are an error. My caster is therefore a bit on the high side and not equal, but not miles out...

So armed with all this info, back to the garage for me. Am I correct to say that the way to adjust caster is to free off the two nuts on the compliance pivot & then to 'manhandle' the compliance pivot assembly physically from side to side until the angle is correct, lock the compliance pivot bolts down & then reset the camber & toe ?

Thanks - I never knew suspension setup held such joys!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    From what I understand, the caster adjustment is made by rotating the whole compliance pivot assembly. It is freed up by loosening the allen bolt at the top and two bolts at the bottom. Sounds simple. . . . As said, there are no parts that can seize.

Nick, you are talking camber, Chris is referring to caster. . .
    Suggest you find out what sic means & re-read!

From the subsequent post, it looks like Honda has thought of the electrolytic seizure & provided an allen key hole to help turn the adjuster eccentric.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12