Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NA1- NSX-R Exaust & Alloys

Lightbulb NA1- NSX-R Exaust & Alloys

Apart from myth lol, is there a difference [aside from color] in the NA1 NSX-R alloys? Some say they are lighter others say they are not? So what's the real truth?

Also is there any difference in the NA1 NSX-R exhaust from standard car?

I know the tips are different on NA1 NSX-R; the tips are part of the exhaust rather that "trims" that screw on like that standard NSX exhaust, but are there any other differences?
    Last edited by Sudesh; 05-11-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Always thought the same as yourself, the R alloys for the NA1 and NA2 were lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Always thought the same as yourself, the R alloys for the NA1 and NA2 were lighter.
    How much lighter and where are the specs?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Sudesh the OEM NA1 R exhaust has the slash cut tips as on Euro cars and the Type S.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Sudesh the OEM NA1 R exhaust has the slash cut tips as on Euro cars and the Type S.

Cheers,

AR
    Hi Ary,

Yeah I know the tips are different, and edited my bad spelling on the first thread lol. But wondered are there any other differences?

NSX-R

Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    How much lighter and where are the specs?
    Not sure about the NA1 R wheels but the NA2 R wheels are allegedly 2lb lighter each. Info taken from a US vendors site.

Sudesh I could not find any diffrence excep that mine had the heatshield powder coated black.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Sudesh I could not find any diffrence excep that mine had the heatshield powder coated black.
    Must have a look at the part numbers to see if they are different on the heat shield.

EDIT: Part numbers are the same Ary, so someome must have done that themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Must have a look at the part numbers to see if they are different on the heat shield.

EDIT: Part numbers are the same Ary, so someome must have done that themselves.
    Sudesh I am pretty sure it was OEM, such low volume is bound to be discrepancies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast