Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX technical questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    I got 420 miles in mine (filled it again before the fuel light came on) and it was just under 60 litres to brim it again. That was almost exclusively cruising. Driven as intended then 250 was the norm. On average I used to get about 300 miles.
    Similar number s to what I achieved cruising across Europe ... but as you say, when 'used' it drops quickly
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

UK Brochure states 1445kg for Coupe MT 1500kg for the Targa, 1485/1530 for AT versions (don't ask me why it's +30kg for the Targa but 40kg for the coupe)
    Mine was 1350kg with 3/8 tank of fuel.
    Handbook says 1375-1430kg for Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Mine was 1350kg with 3/8 tank of fuel.
    Handbook says 1375-1430kg for Coupe.
    Is yours 100% stock, as in no weight saving mods?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Is yours 100% stock, as in no weight saving mods?
    It was then - this was at the last TDI day on their corner scales. I hadn't removed wheel or toolkit, so reckon with full tank would be around 1390kg.

930mm (3.0 car tested in Autocar 23.3.94)

Post 2002 cars performance figures aren't easy to come by......

30-50 through the gears is comfortably under 2 seconds.
    60-80 just over 3.

60 to 0 2.8 secs (Autocar 2002 Test).

Stupid question........if talking to Honda why don't you get the data from them?
    At present I want to present them with a concept for the poster with the information as accurate as possible and then they can correct the info as they see where it is inaccurate. But having said that I should just pass these questions by them to see where they stand.

It is strange that there is so much conflicting information out there though.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by autotecart View Post
    It is strange that there is so much conflicting information out there though.
    Use Honda's then?
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

Use Honda's then?

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    That's strange because Chris Harris in Autocar mentions a bigger rear anti roll bar when testing the facelift Coupe in 2002 along with stiffer front springs.
    Maybe Honda got their press release confused.
    Just measured and it was just under 18mm, so appears that Autocar got it wrong.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Similar number s to what I achieved cruising across Europe ... but as you say, when 'used' it drops quickly
    Mine is an early 3.0 so not relevant for data.

During my euro road trip we made the mistake of crossing from Germany into France late afternoon on a Sunday - and only once we were commited to epic roads did we realise that the fuel was getting low, and there were no towns, let alone garages that would be open!

With the fuel light on I ghosted the car 35 miles and breathed a sigh of relif when we found a campsite. I have never driven so economically! The following morning I got detailed and specific directions to the nearest garage. Only to find there were still 8 litres in the tank!

When my fuel light comes on I now know that 50 miles is perfectly possible. I tend to refuel shortly after though to minimise the sediment at the bottom of the tank getting swilled around the engine.

Motorway running I would expect the light to come on around 400 miles.
    1991 Manual NSX Red/Black
    1992 Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Spec Black/Tan

Most cars in general have about 2 gallons left when the light comes on. Officially the NSX has 2.4 gallons or 11 litres, so with economic driving I assume you could get 25-30 mpg, so may be 60-80 mpg? This is on the 3.2, not sure the same as a 3.0?
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 18-10-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast