Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX found, I need your help please

1. Default

Great feedback again, thanks.
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Never new NSX came with parking sensors. On the picture of the rear bumper it looks like it has a scuff. Also is the centre console OEM?

Many thanks for your help
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.

3. Default

Sorry for asking again, but would anyone know what 5S20001 would mean in a VIN or serial number for the European (Honda) version.

Cheers

I figure "5" is for the year of manufacture (2005); "S" is for Suzuka, as all models from approx. mid 2004; but what I can't figure out is what the "200001" could mean, or is this simply a coincidence and these numbers don't mean anything at all?
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 23-09-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX_Spain View Post
    Sorry for asking again, but would anyone know what 5S20001 would mean in a VIN or serial number for the European (Honda) version.

Cheers

I figure "5" is for the year of manufacture (2005); "S" is for Suzuka, as all models from approx. mid 2004; but what I can't figure out is what the "200001" could mean, or is this simply a coincidence and these numbers don't mean anything at all?
    I believe the 200001 is just a sequential serial number. I would not be surprised if the 1 means that it is the first one in the country that year but the 2 is maybe just because it went to Spain??

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Decoding_an_NSX_VIN

With regard to the car, I would knock 15,000 off for putting the ugly reversing sensors on.

5. Default

Excellent feedback indeed...
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:30 PM.

So you're sure those are aftermarket parking sensors?? what a pity if that is so!
    NSXGB is 100% right about the sensors. The NSX never had them as an option, I believe not even in Japan. Real men know how to park a car and don't need pussy-like sensors.

Regarding your search there haven't been much changes during the 14 production years. The major one was in 97 with 3.2/6-speed/bigger brakes. The optical update is not what everybody's taste matches.

As for the color it's your decision. I'd never buy a car with a color which is rare just because it might sell better. Magnum-grey is also rare as hardly ever ordered it with this color as most people think it's ugly and disgusting.

I would venture that different Stereo and parking sensors suggest that an owner has had an after market electronics guy work it over. I have never heard in any forum here or the US that have had a different stereo from the factory than the Bose system we all know and love.

Its your choice but the rear bumper looks rough to me, especially when you are paying top euro for it!

Cheers

John
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

8. Default

All correct, thank you
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:30 PM.

At the end of the day, it is a LHD 2005 manufactured 20,000 kms NSX from a Honda dealership and with original guarantee running to 2010. As rare as it gets in my opinion.
    Well, I wouldn't cancel the deal just because of the sensors. But I'd deduct the price of a new upper bumper piece plus painting just to be able to go back.

m666 edd Guest

Hi,

Where abouts in Spain do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Just interested as I have relatives that live near Barcelona.

Ed

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast