Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX found, I need your help please

I cannot see that the owner selling the car after 18 months is indicative of anything except wanting to move on and put his/her money into something else.
    A small number of the final 12 Uk cars have resold in the last 12 months at considerably less.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

2. Default

Thanks James. Thanks to all of you for such productive feedback.
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX_Spain View Post
    pd. I didn't realise that there would be such a big difference between RHD and LHD prices - there are 2 examples going for 80k and 70k in Germany (mobile.de), but I think these are not realistic market prices.
    Don't think these sellers really want to sell at all. Perhaps just showing the cars off, wanting attention and who knows, there is always a remote chance a dumbass passes by who wants one at any price

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    why would someone buy a final year 2005 model with very low mileage and sell it 18 months later for 5k Euros less? Either the current owner would rather have most of his money back after having used the car for 18 months or, more worryingly, the car has had some kind of damage, mechanical problem or something else happened (e.g. theft, etc.) that makes him want to get rid of this car.
    A ownership of 18 months is not too unusual I think.
    There may be many very viable reasons why someone may choose to sell after such a ownership period, having nothing to do with the condition of the car, wouldn't worry me a bit. Would be more hesitant if ownership was like 1-6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    At the same time, I do not find it reasonable to buy a car from the Honda dealership at 60k Euros 18 months ago and sell it on now for 55k, after it has been through a second owner, with added mileage, and obviously 18 months of additional use.

I think I'll put a firm offer for 50k Euros, and at the same time make them aware, in the politest possible way, that I know that the car was sold through the same Honda dealership 18 months ago for 60k (or thereabouts, it could be even lower).
    Best regards
    NSX tend to loose very little value over time, especially a very rare LHD 2005.
    Price will be just depending on how fast the seller wants to get rid of it.
    Also, at this price level, a seller will probably expect a 10% lower sale price and will have his asking price based on this.
    A bid of 50K sounds quite reasonable and imho will make a good chance of getting it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rsevo6 View Post
    Mileage is not too important on a NSX, wether it is 50K or 100K, it can take a lot more and it is more important how it was used.
    That's true as long as you keep the car forever. If you like to sell it after some years the potential buyers will stay away due to the psychological 100'000 km barrier but that's just them not knowing that the NSX is a little bit different than other cars.

Anyway, the market for NSX's in different countries like RHD and LHD are not very good comparable.

The cars in Germany are a tad too expensive. The 80k black one is listed since 5 (?) years or so and will never be sold at this price IMO.

The Netherlands or Italy have quite a lot for sale (www.autoscout.de). Don't know of the condition of the later ones.

In general: As the market is very, very small, if you want to buy one quite quickly you have to compromize on the version, color, price etc. Take your time with your search. The winter is coming soon and there might be a bigger choice of NSX's.

5. Default

Thanks for the feedback, this is excellent.
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    The Netherlands or Italy have quite a lot for sale (www.autoscout.de). Don't know of the condition of the later ones.

In general: As the market is very, very small, if you want to buy one quite quickly you have to compromize on the version, color, price etc. Take your time with your search. The winter is coming soon and there might be a bigger choice of NSX's.
    In The Netherlands, the ones for sale are almost all early '90/'91 with a few exceptions mostly not very nice ones, only 2 Na2 version ('97 and '98) for sale here.
    Don't think the wintertime has much/if any influence on the sales of NSX, finding a good one is always difficult. I myself have looked for mine for more than 6 months all over Europe, having looked at quite a few not very nice ones, before finally deciding the Silver '98 was good enough for my standards.

Only reason for putting it on sale it is that completely by accident I found myself a very nice Comtech supercharged version with all the toys I wanted that I just couldn't resist.

As far as I know the NSX was never sold with anything other than the standard stereo, so the Alpine doubledin is aftermarket I think.
    The pics are very non-informative I think, give no info other than model and colour, quite useless.

But even if pics look good, in real life things can be a lot different. I myself recently looked at another car that looked pristene in the pics, but turned out close to a wreck when visited to have a real look.

8. Default

Thanks. I think you're probably right on the stereo,
    Last edited by NSX_Spain; 24-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsevo6 View Post
    In The Netherlands, the ones for sale are almost all early '90/'91 with a few exceptions mostly not very nice ones, only 2 Na2 version ('97 and '98) for sale here.
    Same for Switzerland. 91/92 and half of them automatics. Some of them are priced steeply at first sight but comparing them to the ones in Germany they're quite reasonable as you can get some real garagequeens here. But as Switzerland is not in the EU things are different anyway.

Maarten had (has?) a real hard time to find a car in the Netherlands. As you say the cheaper ones are also in bad condition. Here, we export these cars to other countries as noone would buy them. Hard to say but that's true.

I strongly believe that your car is worth the money.

@NSX_Spain: The S in the VIN means that the car was built in Suzuka (2004+) and not in Togichi. Doesn't matter really. The quality of the early cars was best. Make sure you love the color. A yellow NSX is not my taste.

Pre-sale inspection is good, guaranty even better. You'll end up paying a margin over the average in this case but if this is the car you are looking for then go for it. Just make sure you note in the contract that the car never was wrecked or so.

Good luck!

Never new NSX came with parking sensors. On the picture of the rear bumper it looks like it has a scuff. Also is the centre console OEM?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast