Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy an NSX? Start here, please...

if its a really nice auto then perhaps you should look at ... considering the sate of market and lack of good manuals available

i have never driven an auto so cant comment, but a few owners on here own them and they dont have any complaints about em. you will still have the VTEC range etc

if it was me personally I would go see the car, drive it, and if you like it then buy it ... then you have your NSX and by sounds of it a reasonably good one!

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    All good advice I am sure. I too am looking to buy an NSX and really want a manual car but have seen a really nice auto, can anyone help me with the dilemma I have as I told myself hold out for manual but the auto is low miles etc. In real terms what is the difference in driving experience?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

If your going to use it on the track hold out for a manual if not then go see the auto I love mine and I'm happy to let friends and family have a shot not sure if I would if there was a clutch for them to burn out

I have two auto NSX's at the moment, one with tiptronic and one without. Previous to that I had a manual. I would choose an auto any day for city driving.

Cheers,

Eddie

Fair...but I wouldn't choose an NSX for city driving. I'd choose something narrow and inexpensive to repair, for starters...

...so it's a bit of a silly reason to buy an auto NSX, if you ask me.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Skippyb... the 2nd car (Red, manual, Targa) in this thread may be available soon... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...X-being-greedy Try a PM to the owner?

You need to be prepared to wait but "red" and "manual" were 2 of the most popular choices when new so there're plenty of that combination, however coupes outsold Targa's by about 4 to 1.

Why did I want one? Well I was never a the biggest Senna fan nor did I love all things Honda as such, it was more the NSX'x design, mechanical spec and engineering integrity as well as the fact that it wasn't a Ferrari

I went karting at Thruxton yesterday and gave the NSX it's first outing of the year. I got some respect from a MP4-12C (note the seat colour) driver at the event and a GT-R driver (double thums up and huge grin) on the way home... could be an orange thing

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4312_2.jpg   IMG_4313_2.jpg   IMG_4315_2.jpg  
    The older I get, the faster I was

From NSX 370 - I bought a brand new NSX Auto in 1991 and I have enjoyed every minute of owning it - I also have another car which means that my NSX has been driven about once every two weeks and incredibly has now completed only 16,000 miles. I just love the sound of my NSX when I drive it and it is totally unmarked in the original red paintwork with black top. Pop-ups of course.

My only disappointment is in the partly failed Bose radio which I hope can be replaced with a better quality unit. I am not too bothered about music from a radio, the engine provides the best music.

I will be taking delivery of a new V6 engined Jaguar F-Type S within the next few weeks and I may have a heart-breaking decision to make. I have always kept the NSX on a pedestal - with the F-Type it will be my everyday car.

I can only say that over the many years of owning an Auto NSX I have had absolutely no technical issues. As a retired airline pilot I have a healthy respect for operating mechanical systems well within their limits. I would definitely buy an Auto again.

NSX 370

It is always nice to here from established owners, espcially when you kept such a secret!

I suspect that your NSX is still in original factory specification, therefore with your Bose issue might I suggest you contact Kaz via his blogs here on the forum as he is a) local and b) probably able to refresh the OEM system to restore the audio quality.

As an example: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?744-Audio-Head-Unit-02

Good luck with the new toy and I would love to meet you and the NSX one day ...

regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 370 View Post
    From NSX 370 - I bought a brand new NSX Auto in 1991 and I have enjoyed every minute of owning it - I also have another car which means that my NSX has been driven about once every two weeks and incredibly has now completed only 16,000 miles. I just love the sound of my NSX when I drive it and it is totally unmarked in the original red paintwork with black top. Pop-ups of course.

My only disappointment is in the partly failed Bose radio which I hope can be replaced with a better quality unit. I am not too bothered about music from a radio, the engine provides the best music.

I will be taking delivery of a new V6 engined Jaguar F-Type S within the next few weeks and I may have a heart-breaking decision to make. I have always kept the NSX on a pedestal - with the F-Type it will be my everyday car.

I can only say that over the many years of owning an Auto NSX I have had absolutely no technical issues. As a retired airline pilot I have a healthy respect for operating mechanical systems well within their limits. I would definitely buy an Auto again.

NSX 370
    Last edited by Senninha; 23-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

What is going on with that wiper?
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

How so?

Standard pantograph wiper on a MP4-12c
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    How so?

Standard pantograph wiper on a MP4-12c
    Just looks huge.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast