Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another newbie - Cambridge

Default Another newbie - Cambridge

Hello all.

I've spent quite a long time lurking here, over quite a few years. Partly displacement activity, but mostly working out what to buy when I could finally get my hands on an NSX. Well, that day has come: the house is sold, there's money in the bank, the GF is happy that I'm down-sizing from three to just two cars. It's time to scratch that NSX itch.

Right now, my mid-engined needs are being met by a JDM Mk1 MR2 supercharged Super Edition (attached photo). Before that there were X1/9s, the inevitable MX5 and an R33 GT-R. My ideal NSX is a 3.2 manual targa with pop-ups, black paint, cream interior. My chances, of course, are slim-to-none. So I'll doubtless compromise on something...

justarrived09.jpg

Other relevant stuff: will be visiting Japan early 2013 (my GF speaks/reads Japanese, which should help). Seems that importing is costly, however, so I doubt I'll get very far on that, but I may be able to buy some JDM bits and ship them back via my business courier account.

Bad news: I did lose the MR2's garage when I moved in with the GF, so that's also got to come out of the budget!
    Last edited by Senninha; 22-10-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Hi and welcome.

Yes your correct on both accounts, Black 3.2 Targa Popup with cream is not possible, Cream leather was not available on the UK NSX that Im aware off; Im also not sure if there are any Black 3.2 pop up Targa models available? I've not seen one for sale in the UK since I joined the club; in fact, now I think about it, I have not even seen a black 3.2 popup coupe here? and even 3.0 black coupes are a rare sight and dont recall anyone ever posting photos of owning one.

Closest dark color to that spec I can think of, is member Senninah, he has a quite a rare dark grey model.

And yes your right about importing, if that spec could be found in Japan, the price would be depending on miles, and around £60k plus before importing, thats just a wild guess, I could work it out exactly for if your interested.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

There are a few 3.0 Black coupes in the UK, and one definitely has a cream interior!

leigh
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    There are a few 3.0 Black coupes in the UK, and one definitely has a cream interior!

leigh
    Yeah I know there are a few 3.0 black coupes, hence why I said they are rare sight, I know of one over here too! Cream interior though would indicate either a re-trim or JDM car to me.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Don't get too hung up on the 3.2 vs 3.0 debate.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Don't get too hung up on the 3.2 vs 3.0 debate.
    Totally agree, never understood that either, maybe with 6 gears people like the fuel economy lol

Thanks for the warm welcome and guidance. Of course I understand how rare these are to find for sale (let alone even see in GB), so main priorities are simply manual and pop-ups, then condition (naturally). I suppose a 2-seater is comparatively cheap to retrim.

On paint colours, I did see one Japanese dealer's Website that had a lot of NSXs in colours that I don't think I've ever seen here (either on this forum or in the flesh). I personally imported my R33, but that was way back when the GBP:Yen exchange was a LOT more friendly. Don't much fancy the hassle either!

There are a vast arrays of colors available in Japan, check the technical section for paint color and codes to see some listed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome and guidance. Of course I understand how rare these are to find for sale (let alone even see in GB), so main priorities are simply manual and pop-ups, then condition (naturally). I suppose a 2-seater is comparatively cheap to retrim.

On paint colours, I did see one Japanese dealer's Website that had a lot of NSXs in colours that I don't think I've ever seen here (either on this forum or in the flesh). I personally imported my R33, but that was way back when the GBP:Yen exchange was a LOT more friendly. Don't much fancy the hassle either!

Welcome on board !
    good luck with your search
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Welcome Goldtop,

The only black Targa I'm aware of is an 03 facelift model and has been with its owner for many years (if not from new). Nearest would be mine or CMUK's which has the blood red interior, both are 3.2 T models.

A dark coloured Targa is going to be hard to find so you last post about condition over colour is sensible and good luck.

Like youself there are many owners that also 'lurk' on the forum and rarely post. A wanted add might just invite some direct contact for you should someone belooking to part with their NSX.

Good luck

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast