Thread: Just fitted an iPod adaptor

Default Just fitted an iPod adaptor

Hello All,
    (I hope this the right place to post this Thread)

I bought a USA Spec adaptor (which) now includes cable that is compatible with both the iPod and iPhone (original and 3G) from Scienceofspeed. It cost me the $price, $36 for post, £23.00 for Vat and Parcelforce admin fee. I paid the $ part by Paypal.

It was so easy, I forgot to take pictures but the instructions that come with the package tell you exactly how to fit the unit behind the panel behind the passenger seat (although, of course being US based, you do have to use your imagination and convert driver's side to passenger side etc.). I have it setup for both iPod and MP3 player as I have an MP3 player and passengerrs have iPods.

If anybody wants more details, let me know.

I'm impressed both with the sound, the control from the head unit and with myself as this is the first time I have ever taken any parts apart on a car. There are many threads about this on NSXPrime.

Kind Regards to all

Hmmm might have to take a look at this little item. Have you got it working with the standard head unit?
    '92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Agreed - an adaptor that works with the stock HU would be very useful...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Blog Entries

Hi, all.

Please refer to the following link and have a look at the post #7 from Sudesh and #8 from me.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6603

The link to Prime included in Sudesh's post has lots of info so please read it carefully. You may also want to search Prime for other information for interfacing with specific devices.

Mine is an old version of USA Spec but it's working fine for many years although I don't listen to the music a lot..... I don't have iPhone so can't comment on this.

Please just make sure to select the correct and latest model of USA Spec and the exact adaptor cable required for NSX.

Regards,
    Kaz

Default Ipod adaptor

There is another way using a Dension kit.

I posted on this a while back.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3616

It allows you to use the iPOD controls and screen and also allows you to use a Smartenna.

hope this helps

ROBIN
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Hello,
    Yes it connects to the stock head unit. Either on the back of the HU or behind the passenger seat or in the boot - there is a cable all the way from the HU to the boot which you can disconnect from the HU and replace with this unit, or split it behind the passenger seat and connect this unit, or unplug the cd changer in the boot and plug this unit into the end of the cable.
    There are useful articles on NSX prime also.
    Regards

i just got through fitting a USA spec ipod adaptor (bought online from A US vendor) and it works well. I've actually put it into the centre console as if you have an old and new ipod you need to change the setting on the back of the unit. I currently have it set up to have all the control on the ipod which is great as you dont have to fiddle around with Honda playlists etc. I also had a chance when i had the entire centre console out to realign the little red film inside the OE radio which had slipped to an angle and was annoying me. Overall very easy and plenty of instructions on prime.