Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crickey this hasn't been off the market long

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post
    Interesting comment.

So you are saying that if you were actually the lucky owner of, and were selling this - confirmed as mint - 2004 with 15K miles on the clock; that you would put it on pistonheads at £34,995 ?

IMO ... i doubt it
    I was the lucky owner of a mint 2004 LBB with <29k on it and advertised it at less than that. Go figure.

You'll note that my car isn't there as it sold (advertised at 10pm, sold at 10am) whereas this one is still there.

Again, go figure...........
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

Its that color thing that James referred too ... LBBP is a strong color and IMO, you advertised too low for what was a very clean car!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    A 2004 with 14K has to be worth £38K if properly maintained and in top condition.

Cheers,

James.
    James,

I'm not so sure. That's very stiff money based on what I've seen over the last few years. I paid less than that for my 2004 car 3 years ago when it was a 15k miler. I got a good deal but not massively unrepresentative of the market.

The pool of people who really want an NSX is shrinking IMO (though I guess that some people will come back having strayed from the NSX fold). Values have to drop IMO, recovery economy or not.

FB

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Its that color thing that James referred too ... LBBP is a strong color and IMO, you advertised too low for what was a very clean car!

regards, Paul
    I could have sold it several times at the price I did, which may suggest you're right. However, I don't think people are paying top dollar and I think I could have been waiting quite a while if I'd asked more.

I started typing this reply about four hours ago, but then got side tracked and I've just come back to find a few more posts. You guys may be right about the value of the 05 car.

Perhaps it is a little over priced. However, NSX's are less effected by mileage than some of the more delicate marques.
    Very few people want to touch a 100k 328, 348, 355 or 360. Early 996's can turn into ticking bombs when mileage gets high and this is perhaps relected in their current prices.

With regard, to Ferris's £29K car, well yes it was definately too cheap, but at the time things weren't really selling too well. The market has peaks and troughs and it's not always economically driven.

I was getting trade in quotes for mine for similar money last February with a car two years older with 20K more on the clock.

I still think my car's worth low 30's because most contemporary rivals are disposable and IMO inferior. What can you get for that that doesn't devalue like a stone? You can put miles on, is special and doesn't cost too much to service?

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    If this is the case, this would suggest that NSXs have gone up in value over the last 2.5 years. Ivan sold a red 2004 with 24k miles for 38k in 2007 IIRC.
    it's only my opinion, but if you look at the number of cars for sale a couple of years ago, sometimes there were as many as 20 on the market. now we're lucky to see eight or nine. I think at the moment there are around six.
    There are certainly few solid cars on the market these days, fewer low mileage examples and hardly any 3.2 cars. In fact most 3.2's that come up are facelift models.

Now the total scarecity of cars on the market must have a bearing on sale prices. especially when some people are looking for a quick sale and undervalue their cars and make the market appear ambiguous. This phenomenon might weaken prices I suppose.

I'm not sure whether NSX prices have increased recently, but other sectors of the car market certainly have. Certain cars will always increas at certain times, so why not the NSX? It has all the credentials as an investment and judging by the recent polularity of the forum this seems a pretty reasonable assumption.

I know this is a mess of ideas and I'd definately get an F for structure but it's late.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    With regard, to Ferris's £29K car, well yes it was definately too cheap, but at the time things weren't really selling too well. The market has peaks and troughs and it's not always economically driven.

Cheers,

James.
    Apologies, I left some room for interpretation in my post. My car had <29k miles on it. I advertised it at £34,5k.

IMO £35k is the absolute ceiling for NSX now and facelift cars start at £28-30k ish.

Depends on the day, the car and the two negotiators. At the end of the day anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Look around at other exotica now and you'll see 360, 996TT and the like spiralling downwards. This spiral has to encroach on NSX values - as I said earlier people who really want an NSX are becoming fewer and you don't buy one on a whim. The more fickle punters will always be drawn to the badges at similar or less money. We band of brothers can't underpin the entire NSX market between us, especially as we move on. There aren't many teenagers and 20-30 year olds who lust after the NSX coming through to take our places. Most people who are older than that will have the means to buy an NSX if they want one.

Resurgent economy or not, car values are not going to recover to the same extent that they've tumbled. If we do have a blip, as many are predicting, another drop may well follow.
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 26-09-2009 at 09:45 AM.

7. Default

With exception to the quick sales driven by either 'other investment' or unfortunate circumstances ; I beleive these NSX's are worth only as little as the seller is willing/perfectly happy to sell them for.

That's an individual decision that takes a number of circumstances into consideration. Ddin't know about FB's or other recent sales ( i.e lower by £5K than I would have thought prices)

... wanted to make a statement defending, with pride, what I consider the value of late models ( as thats the category I'm in ) Impossible if I accepted £34,995 for that mint 04!

Possibly a very righteous stance that could get mullered the day I actually put my car on the market, eh !!
    Last edited by Boomin33; 26-09-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post
    With exception to the quick sales driven by either 'other investment' or unfortunate circumstances ; I beleive these NSX's are worth only as little as the seller is willing/perfectly happy to sell them for.

That's an individual decision that takes a number of circumstances into consideration. Ddin't know about FB's or other recent sales ( i.e lower by £5K than I would have thought prices)

... wanted to make a statement defending, with pride, what I consider the value of late models ( as thats the category I'm in ) Impossible if I accepted £34,995 for that mint 04!

Possibly a very righteous stance that could get mullered the day I actually put my car on the market, eh !!
    If we all theoretically agreed that we wouldn't sell for £XXk then we could artificially hold up the market, but we've never had all the cars and someone will always crack.

£35k is good money for that 04, trust me. I paid £36,5k for a 2004 car with 15k miles on it about THREE years ago!

9. Default

Wow.. pretty cool.. sounds like you had a great find and awesome deal. I'd have paid £4K more than that in August 2007. (if it was a targa).
    I should have shopped around, sounds like. I just walked into Chiswick, car matched the wifes handbag. looked like a fun car. deal.

all relative and a personal thing, end of the day.

Sounds like I'll be hanging on to my car for a long time, as well. I just wouldn't sell for the kind of prices being suggested here

Last edited by Boomin33; 26-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Apologies, I left some room for interpretation in my post. My car had <29k miles on it. I advertised it at £34,5k.

IMO £35k is the absolute ceiling for NSX now and facelift cars start at £28-30k ish.

Ok I have a vested interest in the stability of NSX prices, especially facelift cars, but I would disagree that £35K was the ceiling for these cars. There are some mint low mileage 55' cars around which have to be worth highish 30's or low 40's for the right car. Look at Nigels Pearl white car with red interior, or Pauls black facelift car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller
    Look around at other exotica now and you'll see 360, 996TT and the like spiralling downwards. This spiral has to encroach on NSX values
    For me those cars have one thing in common; they're not particulaly special and there are loads of them. Certain models from different ranges are put on a pedistall and everything else fades into obscurity.

Consider the 993, still making much better money than it deserves because it's the 'last proper Porsche?' The 996 GT3, also still holding pretty firm. Even the Ferrari 328 is still fetching silly money probably thanks to Magnum driving around its predesessor.

The NSX has had some great publicity in the last few years and the events we have attended must help the standing of the marque.
    I agree it's a limited market vehicle, but I'm still pretty optimistic about what they're worth.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast