Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crickey this hasn't been off the market long

Lightbulb

This is owned and advertised by Dylan, really nice guy who is a bike nut! This car was at Japfest last two years see pics from 09 in the forum. It is Sebring Silver, and he is probably late 30's the car you are thinking of is definately Nigel's and he is most likely late 50's too!

It looks to me like he either changed his mind temporarily or a buyer pulled out. The car is absolutely mint FWIW.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

2. Default

Something slightly odd about that ad - just doesn't "feel" right.

And it's £5k+ overpriced IMO.
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

3. Default

Tried to contact him a couple of times. never received a reply. It's either a scam or it could be sold already.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Something slightly odd about that ad - just doesn't "feel" right.

And it's £5k+ overpriced IMO.
    Interesting comment.

So you are saying that if you were actually the lucky owner of, and were selling this - confirmed as mint - 2004 with 15K miles on the clock; that you would put it on pistonheads at £34,995 ?

IMO ... i doubt it
    Last edited by Boomin33; 25-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Well there's an 05 for sale at the moment for not much more ??
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Don't think it will be around for long.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

7. Default

Hmmm.. maybe I've been away too long, lost in my own little world.

I just personally thought an 04 w/15K for £40K sounded a good deal. Shame not a Targa, or it'd been an absolute steal

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post
    Shame not a Targa, or it'd been an absolute steal
    Why, do you think a flimsy old Targa is worth more?

A 2004 with 14K has to be worth £38K if properly maintained and in top condition.

I took a look at the GT3 market the other day and they have similar anomolies when it comes to pricing. £45K for mid mileage MK1's and mid 30's for mk2's with similar and sometimes less miles. With small volume cars there seems to be little structure.
    I guess it's largely dependent on the particular car;

Take the GT3 market again;

Saleable cars in Black, red, silver sell quicker and command higher prices (leaving spec out of it).
    Other colours still sell but are more mileage dependent. for example; a speed yellow 04 with 35K may be advertised for mid 30's whereas a similar car in black may be advertised at mid to high 30 to low 40's.

Identical cars but the perception is that black is more re-saleable which is probably true. This senario is also true of NSX's. There are very few black manual cars and they seem to command a better price (mileage and condition dependent).

So, a red 05 NSX with 39K miles (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1259879.htm) should sell pretty well at £37K compared to say a lower mileage IOP or yellow at the same price. the hard fact being that colour matters, and as much as I like most NSX colours, the neutral ones (read safe) will always command better money often inspite of higher mileage.

Saying that, the red car on PH will probably not sell now!!

The biggest enemy of the NSX is availability. people have little choice of car whereas choosing something like a mainstream 911 is relatively easy, there are 1,361 911's for sale on Autotrader as of 5pm today. Little choice = inconsistent pricing = go buy a 911 because we know what it's worth.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    So, a red 05 NSX with 39K miles (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1259879.htm) should sell pretty well at £37K
    If this is the case, this would suggest that NSXs have gone up in value over the last 2.5 years. Ivan sold a red 2004 with 24k miles for 38k in 2007 IIRC.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast