Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crickey this hasn't been off the market long

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Personally I love the E46 M3. Properly quick, handy size, great soundtrack even has a few luxury's. I'll take a run out CS model (CSL steering rack and brakes) with a manual g'box in Imola Red

Cheers

Mark
    I was very impressed with the one I drove - everything except the ride, which was planted but very firm and VERY jiggly (didn't upset the composure of the car, but the car transmitted every single bit of gravel in the tarmac through your seat - my 'teg felt comfy in comparison). LOTS of kit, great seats, nice sound, performance every bit the equal of a fit 3.2NSX and better steering feel too.

But it just looks like a normal E46 with a little bit more attitude...and most are in boring black/silver/gun-metal - which make them look even MORE mundane/ordinary. Bit odd IMHO - a car that so clearly is a cut-above looking SO anonymous...and yes, I'd have a CS, albeit in that really nice blue...

Ferris - you need a big power-differential (or at least power/weight differential) to see clear air between cars on the public road...I'd suggest that anything less than 20% is going to seem marginal unless you're wringing both cars out through the gears and into license-losing territory.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Ferris - you need a big power-differential (or at least power/weight differential) to see clear air between cars on the public road...I'd suggest that anything less than 20% is going to seem marginal unless you're wringing both cars out through the gears and into license-losing territory.
    Absolutely, which is why you could see the difference between a Sagaris and the NSX........except the NSX was demonstrably quicker across the ground.....er....
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I can't think of a better way of comparing straight line speed in a controlled conditions.
    Make it a three mile accelaration strip with plenty of braking at the end and do one run each way.

I can tell you that a 2700 lbs i/h/e 3.0 NSX is faster than an E46 M3.

A low boost 3.0 CTSC NSX walks away from a B5 RS4.

I can only imagine what a high boost, EMSed, low comp NSX can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Absolutely, which is why you could see the difference between a Sagaris and the NSX........except the NSX was demonstrably quicker across the ground.....er....
    That's only possible if a) the Sagaris is very sick or b) the ground is uneven such that the Sagaris can't put it's power down. A healthy Sagaris is a 0-100mph in under 9secs car! That doesn't make them any good tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Make it a three mile accelaration strip with plenty of braking at the end and do one run each way.

A low boost 3.0 CTSC NSX walks away from a B5 RS4.

I can only imagine what a high boost, EMSed, low comp NSX can do!
    It's not fair to compare with a modded, or lightened, car. Any car can be modded to make way more power, or less weight (or both), than a standard rival.

The E46 M3 is a good match for a 3.2 NSX, indeed the E36 M3 similarly so for a 3.0 NSX.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    That's only possible if a) the Sagaris is very sick or b) the ground is uneven such that the Sagaris can't put it's power down. A healthy Sagaris is a 0-100mph in under 9secs car! That doesn't make them any good tho'.

It's not fair to compare with a modded, or lightened, car. Any car can be modded to make way more power, or less weight (or both), than a standard rival.

The E46 M3 is a good match for a 3.2 NSX, indeed the E36 M3 similarly so for a 3.0 NSX.

Cheers
    Well if you buy an NSX to keep it stock, then why would you care what it can do.

Is anyone posting on this thread 100% stock?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post

Cheers
    Yup 0-100 in under 9 apparently and yet utterly feckless on anything other than a billiard table. Best car TVR ever made so they say. If that's the case then the rest must be dog turd.

7. Default

Well if you buy an NSX to keep it stock, then why would you care what it can do.

All comparisons I've made are 100% stock (bar a heavily sorted Nismo 350Z and a track biased GT3), unless someone isn't telling me something about the cars I've driven.

Mechanically, yes. And my 3.0 wouldn't keep up with the E46 I drove. Not as far behind as the power-deficit would suggest, but definitely slower. The 3.2 NSX I drove would probably be on-par with the E46, or near-as.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I would be very surprised if this were the case at higher speeds (where weight has little effect), and the M3 had the limiter removed.

Slightly OT, but just been watching this drag race on Top Gear. I wonder which Corvette the NSX beat

http://www.vidly.net/video-top-gear-...aguar-xjs.html

NSX is RO03 WYF

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast