Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: double din head unit

Default double din head unit

well, i've gone and done it, I've bought myself a double din stereo, with the plan to install, and keep the ashtray! I also bought an din/honda adaptor lead off ebay to save cutting any wires... i'll keep you posted!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Did you get the centre console?

Good luck with the install.

didn't get another centre console, just chopping up the one I have! it's broken anyway ( cracked beside the ashtray)
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

started off by getting one of these, to save cutting any wires... ( a whole £3 off ebay - search for PC2-09-4)

and modified it thus.....

inspired by the adaptors on the SOS site, but retaining the din connector for the power side of things
    aka Jonathan!!

You ICE upgrade boys will get me started on the console myself soon

Note to Self: walk away from this thread!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    You ICE upgrade boys will get me started on the console myself soon

Note to Self: walk away from this thread!
    I'm going to go the other route soon, after doing the whole double din thing, I fear my NSX-R quest is pushing me towards this OEM NSX-R console to match the rest. Double din does look good though!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

the head unit i decided on was a cheap and cheerful ebay dvd/sat nav/dbt-v/6.4(?) inch touchscreen whizzy bit of kit!
    ok, i could have gone for a named brand and then decided i didn't like it (too much glare/ bad position for sat nav/ just didn't like it/ etc!) so i went budget, i can always upgrade later!
    anyway, decided on this...

it does the things I want it to, is a true double din... some do come out a little higher, which is the last thing we need in an nsx, has front loading dvd/cd and no motorised front panel!

i did also look at the 1.5 din stuff, where the front hangs down out of the 1din slot..... like this.....

then i realised if it was to go pear shaped, getting something else to fill the hole would be awkward! and i'd still have to have a motorised screen to get the dvd in!
    aka Jonathan!!

anyway... how did it go? well pretty well... here's the pics!
    the tape deck just annoys me! I have NO tapes! so it has to go! and in with the new!

now the eagle eyed amongst you will notice the stereo center console is out, but the ash tray is still in.. the centre console was broken on the drivers side beside the ahstray when i got the car, so it was 'broken' the other side and removed! it actually made the whole 'cutting the new hole' alot easier as the whole console didn't have to come out each time for hole adjustments just the stereo/ccu section!
    aka Jonathan!!

once the trimming of the hole was complete, it looked like this...

(tape on the head unit to avoid any scratches!!!!)
    aka Jonathan!!

a quick aside!!!! now you remember when you've been advised to clean out the little fan just under the ashtray, as it can get contaminated with dirt and fluff... well let this be a warning to you!

I was like... OMG!
    aka Jonathan!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast