Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you buy after the NSX?...

1. Default

ahh that good old feeling of waiting to get the new car.. i miss that excitement!

When i got the NSX it took me 6 hours to go down to pick it up...

and 3 hours to get home... Go figure
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Hi guys!
    Hey Martin!

Good man - I am really pleased that your determination (and patience) has paid off!

Look forward to seeing even more of you here - I have 'seen' you in action sorting out some pillocks on Pistonheads - I know you know your stuff!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

3. Default

Hi Martin

Thanks for you kind comments and I am glad it has worked out well and it won't be long now. The car is in mint condition and I am sure it will look the part parked beside other well kept NSXs. Best of luck to Dan in Canada as you have to try these things when you are young and you might have to chnage your name since you are now exploring the world to IndiDANa Jones

My previous car was an Atom and previous to that an Evo FQ330 and a Ferrari 355 so I know some of the pain factor of the Italian classics. I realize that a Lambo is more cash and more pain in the pocket so I might just save up for another 9 months to provide a bottomless car fund for repairs etc. The NSX has been my best car yet and only a Lambo could surpass it in my opinion for the overall package (if we ignore costly repairs for a second). I am going to hire a Caterham for a day to see how I get on but having went through an empty bus shelter in an Atom in 2007 I might stay away from kit type cars for a wee while longer (it might be safer for everyone concerned). I have enjoyed the respect the NSX gets from all types of people.

I am like most people in that I have dreams and wishes for the future however I count myself lucky to have owned an NSX even for such a short time and I take each day as it comes and I plan to keep logging in to this site as I have enjoyed it immensely. I will possibly not replace the NSX until next April 2010. Until then Happy Honda driving to one and all

Sorry that you have sold up Donnac and good luck in the future. If you do get a Lmabo in the future, I would love to see some pics.

Welcome Martin, finally at last you are now a owner of a great car.

DTM, nice to hear you are still around & good luck in Canada pal.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

5. Cool

The next car must be the new McLaren, have just put my name down for one. Not sure its the true successor to the NSX but it does look the dogs what-its.

7. Default

weapon that !
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by Driver Matt View Post
    The next car must be the new McLaren, have just put my name down for one. Not sure its the true successor to the NSX but it does look the dogs what-its.
    As would I... except for a serious shortfall in the the cash required to do so

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Hmmm... nice car but personally I'd go for the the Z06 over the ZR1. I'd go for the Audi R8 (V8) and the latest Porsche 998 GT3 ahead of either 'vette, an Ascari KZ1 over all of those and a Porsche Carrera GT if a McLaren F1 was out out of reach... which, sadly, it most definitely is

As for the a Diablo, even in SV trim... you must be crazy! Oooooold tech, big, fat, heavy and badly built. JMHO of course. Good luck if you're really brave enough

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Very skeptical of those results. You wouldn't think the Yank report was biased by any chance, would you?

10. Default

The McLaren MP4 12c is going to cost £150k.
    Have sold a kidney for the deposit.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast