Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S-zero

So based on the HUK seat price you get the Type S for just an extra £20k ... bargain. IMO, I think this is a great looking NSX, wheels included (but would ditch the Gruppe M ). But as discussed alsewhere, Jpan prices are even higher than UK at present for good clean NSX, and thats b4 you've shipped and paid HMG its slice!

Think I might advertise mine in Japan and see what the response is like ....

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I like myself!

Love the color unique on a coupe, like the wheels and ride height and the induction system

I would change the calliper color to black, wheel centre caps to wheel color, change the stereo and floor mats and would do me.

Is that a GruppM induction? Dealer sheet says it's K&N?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Is this car still for sale? It pops up on Tradecarview ! I have revised my opinion on the wheels - they look "right" to me now.
    Perhaps they would be open to a cheeky offer to include replacing the stereo, adding an i-pod dock & original floor mats !!
    Also, the '97 Silver & Orange type S is on the same site and has been for well over a year.....

Tempting.....

4. Default

I love the colour. Dont mind the wheels at all, seen far worse.

So the S, S ZERO.... whats the differences again from a normal NSX..or R even??
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

I love the seats, wouldn't mind a set of them, but not taking out a mortgage for them!!

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Love the colour, but the suspension looks broken to me.

Why's it got German-car fat wheels? probably because it won't go round corners with its broken suspension, or the previous owner cannot drive.

Beautiful car, but a bitit rich, by the time you've got it here, been raped by the Gov't and then repaired all the broken bits. I remember when dumper trucks had yellow air filters like that!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Why's it got German-car fat wheels? probably because it won't go round corners with its broken suspension, or the previous owner cannot drive.
    FYI Types and 02 plus wheels are made by BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
    So the S, S ZERO.... whats the differences again from a normal NSX..or R even??
    The S Zero is essentially a 3.2Ltr 6spd "Pop-up" (headlamps) NSX-R. It has the NA1 NSX-R seats (with different covers), suspension (or a very similar spec) as well as the lower diff ratio.

It also benefits, in theory at least, from lower weight by making A/C, radio etc optional but just like most NSX-Rs most Type S and Type S Zeros have these options fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    It should have unique to the Type S/S Zero 16"/17" BBS wheels but these have been substituted for 17"/18 BBS RS-GT or BBS RG-R. The look quite nice if a little too silver for my taste.

Sadly the original suspension seems to have been replaced in the name of lowering. It might be really good stuff but IMHO the original remote reservoir Showa kit should still be there.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 08-10-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    I know; so had my S2000.

But not so fat as to give too much grip & not enough handling, which for me is the beauty of both S2000 and NSX; sometimes, less IS more.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

10. Default

Thanks Mark.

I guess the best bits were put into the S then.... but all the little details like thinner glass to engine bay, aluminium bars and whatever else were left alone.

your a lucky guy

How many S's in the UK?
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast