Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Are you saying my car has been infiltrated/tainted by ideas from those tedious 3 letters brand?!!

im shocked and appalled ... My credibility as a *** hater has taken a huge dent! LOL

BTW my phone has zero charge in it today ...
    That's OK - actually looks closer to a facelift Peugeot 406 set!

Neat update, though.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

A PEUGEOT!!!

its getting worse ... ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    That's OK - actually looks closer to a facelift Peugeot 406 set!

Neat update, though.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Suddenly, a Borgward Macht Weiter don't seem so bad, do it?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Was doing the NSX-R clutch pedal upgrade today, along with the NSX-R damper-les joint and SOS stainless hose kit.

First thing was to remove the fluid from the clutch reservoir

Then removed the OEM clutch hydraulic hose from the slave cylinder and let it drain some more.

In the above photo you can also see the OEM clutch damper which is going to be replaced. There are 2 hard lines going into this, obviously these need to be undone. I also completely remove the line on the right as it makes things simpler, plus that line runs into the hydraulic hose anyway which is being replaced too.

Once the hard lines are free, just 2 bolts and remove the damper, hose and hose bracket all as one piece

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Remove the OEM hydraulic hose, held in by the little clip

The hose bracket is then transferred to the NEW NSX-R damper less joint

Then install I installed the new SOS hose and put the clip back in

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Now I've put the whole setup back in place, but you'll see I've kept the rubber blanking grommets in place for the hard lines to go back in. I've only done this as I want to get everything in place correctly first and keep any dirt/dust from going in.

This is the second part of the SOS hose kit, its basically a machined version of the base of the OEM hose.

Installed in the slave cylinder

New stainless line connect up and hard lines then reconnected to damper-less joint

Old stuff packaged up as everything I remove [be it worth keeping or just for dumping], is handed back to the owners, even the original packaging.

Just clean up all areas when done, as its easy to get a few drips of clutch fluid from doing this. Then obviously need to bleed the clutch. I haven't done this yet as I just finished installing the new NSX-R pedal and its very late lol.
    Last edited by Sudesh; 19-11-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Cool!

you make it look so easy!

Looking forward to part b and then eventually trying it!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Cool!

you make it look so easy!

Looking forward to part b and then eventually trying it!
    Pedal has already been installed, done that last nite, so later today I'm going to set it all up, bleed the system, and adjust the stroke of the pedal. Still waiting on that other part from Honda.

Good grief! A part that I never even knew existed; you learn something new every day.

I'm used to those nasty, asthmatic clutch delay valves in the M/C.
    Nick

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast