Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

I didnt have new seals to replace the old ones and after speaking to the owner we decided to try the holes at the bottom method first.

So I cleaned up the seals and the body of the car, and also used some waterproof bond when re-installing.

Last edited by Sudesh; 05-08-2009 at 02:07 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

With the boot having some damp before I cleaned out the antenna drain hose, I decided to remove the rear lining.

There was some dirt/grime and the boot had a damp smell to it

Last edited by Sudesh; 05-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Im left the boot lining out and lid open over nite to air everything out.

The following day, I Cleaned up the boot floor and used some WD40 to help with removing any surface damp/rust and its also good and leaving a clean smell lol.

I re-installed the carpet and cleaned everything up, the CD changer was removed also. Much better now

Last edited by Sudesh; 05-08-2009 at 02:20 PM.

The owner installed a new battery before the car arrived with me. After inspecting the battery cage I noticed the brace was quite bad looking and was rusting. So I removed the bracket and sanded it down slightly, the rust was actually well bedded in and not just surface rust.

I mentioned this a few months back; while removing the bracket I noticed the battery cage was actually holding water:

I removed the the complete setup

You can clearly see the water in the cage and also there was quite a bit of dirt/mud and stones

The problem I found was there is only 1 drain hole and its sits too high up on the side:

I drilled out extra holes on the base of the cage, and cleaned it out

After that I re-installed the battery with the newly painted bracket

The owner also opted for a new exhaust, and headers to follow

Did you find any Japanese coins in the boot space?

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast