Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Quote Originally Posted by vtecdirect View Post
    Very impressed with the high standard of work there Sudesh. I am a little like this myself and will spend ages getting things just how they should be. Especially like the job on the carpets, look so much better in black.
    That coolant hose is allegedly on its way to you but not had a tracking number yet so cant say exactly when it will land.
    regards
    Andy
    Thanks Andy! Just worked my way through the other hoses over the weekend and plenty more to do.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Sudesh, thats what I call a real/proper refresh! When can you repaint my brake callipers please!? What paint did you use? The refresh carpet looks really well.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Sudesh, thats what I call a real/proper refresh! When can you repaint my brake callipers please!? What paint did you use? The refresh carpet looks really well.
    Thanks! Got some more things to add but its coming along nicely now.

After removing the calipers and stripping the paint etc; I started the process with a few coats of high temp primer, then I used a gold hammeite paint and finally a high temp lacquer.

The carpet turned out well, it took more dye than I thought due to the color, but the final look is fantastic. I also done the door speakers as they were scuffed and marked heavely. I removed the speaker covers and tried to clean them up but, they were too embedded with marks and grime. So I changed the door speaker covers to black which revived the whole look and in my opinion still looks great with the black and tan interior. I also had to change the foot well heater vents, to black, the interior fuse box cover, bonnet pull and other small item that would usually be tan on this combination.
    Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 10:54 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Black and Tan - aye, a classic combo

Seriously, great work - keep us posted on further progress!
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Blog Entries

Great result, Sudesh.

I always enjoy watching your detailed work.

Hope you will receive the correct coolant hoses this time.
    I'll also post something on the coolant system to share the info with everyone. Just need to find some time....

Please keep us updated on the progress.

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    Great result, Sudesh.

I always enjoy watching your detailed work.

Hope you will receive the correct coolant hoses this time.
    I'll also post something on the coolant system to share the info with everyone. Just need to find some time....

Please keep us updated on the progress.

Regards,
    Kaz
    Thanks for the comments everyone!

Kaz a write up on the coolant system would be good as its such a long job and those hose clips if placed in a awkard position are hard to work with. I took some photos of the coolant job but photos dont show just how awkard a job this is.
    Last edited by Sudesh; 05-08-2009 at 02:21 PM.

The wipers on this car were flaking badly and one of the wipers was painted with a brush.

Wipers were removed and stripped

After stripping I cleaned the wipers with a tac cloth then prepared them for priming, when that stage was complete, I coated the wipers in 3 layers of black paint, then 2 layers of lacquer.

Last edited by Sudesh; 05-08-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Like quite a few NSX's this one was showing signs of condensation in the tail lights. First thing I noticed was someone was already at these lights and had drilled holes at the top of the lights.

Now I know when some of us do the fix, we drill holes at the bottom, so my guess is that the holes at the top didnt help any with keeping water out and condensation.

So I sealed up the holes and took out the lights:

With the lights removed I noticed quite a bit of dirt/grime etc on the tail light seals and the body of the car:

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast