Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Nice simple mod if you have the Paint/Lacquer laying around, as cost is really only time and £1.39 for the sticker.

Otherwise worth buying the OEM cap from Andy at VTEC Direct
    Last edited by Sudesh; 18-12-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Sudesh,

I have been researching Xenon/HID upgrades and have been emailing a very helpful guy at DTA. Did you change both beams or just the dip? Apparently, it is necessary to slightly enlarge the "sockets" by a mm or so to take the larger HID beams? Whom did you deal with in Germany and why there? Any of your usual expert advice would be very welcome.

BTW I see you have an Antrim plate - where are you based since I am from north Down and go back a couple of times a year?

Cheers,

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Sudesh,

I have been researching Xenon/HID upgrades and have been emailing a very helpful guy at DTA. Did you change both beams or just the dip? Apparently, it is necessary to slightly enlarge the "sockets" by a mm or so to take the larger HID beams? Whom did you deal with in Germany and why there? Any of your usual expert advice would be very welcome.

BTW I see you have an Antrim plate - where are you based since I am from north Down and go back a couple of times a year?

Cheers,

David
    Hi,

I live in Co Derry, I have owned that number for 15 years and have corresponding numbers on other cars.

I just went with the dipped beam as I dont think HID/Xenon is needed on full beam. I didnt have to enlarge anything to install the bulbs, they were a nice fit.

The only thing that you do alter is the black plastic caps that screw on over the bulbs, you need to cut out a hole to take the HID wires that come from the bulbs to the ballast, the kit comes though with a water proof seal/plug that fits nice and snug in the cut out. This is easily reverted back to standard also as the plastic caps are cheap to replace.

I bought them from a contact I have in Germany because from doing some research, they make the best kits, and I was buying them in bulk so got good discount too lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

I bought two Apexcones from the US, they work out a little ove 200 US plus tax etc, ecxellent quality and no need to enlarge anything.

Thanks Sudesh, they look like a massive improvement over the OEM set up. Its something I am seriously thinking of upgrading to, the only thing stopping me is whether you have to declare this to the insurers and I'm trying to keep my car OEM as possible.

I noted the side lights look quite blueish?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post

Yeah noticed that too in the pic, might be a flash back off the blue car in front? not sure? My side light are bright white L.E.D ones, and in the flesh look basically same as the xenons/HID.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post

Here is a better pic of the LED side lights, [blue car was removed], and lights look spot on, basically picked these to match up with the HID's in color.

Default Thermostat Replacement

I havent drove my NSX in 4 months, so with the good spell of weather I decided to take it out. I noticed that on start up and before driving it would take 15mins or more for the temp to rise and then upon driving the temp needle would fall to almost cool.

So started first by draining the coolant system, once the coolant was drained I removed the induction system, pretty starignt forward for me, anyone with the OEM box has a little more work to do but straight forward also.

The induction out of the way you can now see the the location of the thermostat which is just below the throttle body

I then remove a few item to make the access to the 2 bolts that secure the inlet pipe to the engine

There are just 2 bolts holding the thermostat housing in place and once removed the housing come free

One free you will the thermostat in its place

There is a little tiny metal catch at the top of the thermostat and with a pair of needle noe pliers I took hold of that and stat came fee nicely

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast