Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Sudesh, did you not have any of the black carpet dye left? That would have been a good product to dye the rubber back to black....and a lot easier to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Sudesh, did you not have any of the black carpet dye left? That would have been a good product to dye the rubber back to black....and a lot easier to apply.
    I do but the dye won't do the correct look I'm after. I want the oem look which is a gloss black finish.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Installed some Xenons/HID.

Amazing nite time vision with these, definately worth upgrading too, and I think gives the car a more modern look when light are on obviously.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Looks great Sudesh, which system did you install & have you by any chance a night shot with the new lights on? Oh, the car looks spotless!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Looks great Sudesh, which system did you install & have you by any chance a night shot with the new lights on? Oh, the car looks spotless!
    Thanks for the comments! NSX hasnt been out to far for a long time so sitting nice and clean. Havent even got a chance to enjoy the new NSX-R Speedo cluster lol

I will get a nite shot for you now! I ordered a system from Germany, infact I ordered a few of them and installed one in my partners car too. Her Hyundai Coupe had terrible dipped lights so upgraded to Xenon/Hids too.

Will post pics in a few mins.

Took these with my phone so hard to get the beam right and light projection

I went for the recommended 6000k hid kit.

I have the OEM NSX-R coolant cap, which most of us know is black to match the coolant tank cover.

So this week I was playing around with some spares and decided to try a DIY NSX-R coolant cap.

Strated off with old cap which was pretty old and tired looking. I removed the cap sticker and ended up with this:

After a bit of cleaning by hand to remove some surface dirt and grime, I then used a special rubber drill bit that aids in removing sticker glue.

After using the special tool the cap looked liked this, nice and clean!

I then used some high temp paint and applied 3 coats, after that I applied high temp lacquer and the results as follows:

I purchaed the coolant cap sticker from my Honda dealer at a price of £1.39 which is the same sticker on the NSX-R cap and the final result was this:

Last edited by Sudesh; 18-12-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast