Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Engine bay and bonnet detail

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

The owner mentioned his audio system had not been working for a few years, so after inspection the common fault of amps being blown was the problem. One of the amps was so bad it has actually exploded and burned and melted quite a bit.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

So after talking to the owner, we decided to go with a different approach to the sound system. Instead on replacing all the amps which at some point will go again; I put together a system that retains the OEM speaker, but by-passes the amps yet retains all the OEM equipment. So before posting my progress, I would like the owner to do more testing of the system and let me know his thoughts as the setup I installed lets me revert back to the seperate bose amps if he requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    So Sudesh,

When are you moving to the SE of England?

Nice job!!

SS
    lol! Thanks for the comment.

But You guys have the real master over there in Kaz! As I mentioned before and will say again, If I lived in the UK, I would not take my NSX to anyone else but him. A Honda stamp is not worth anywhere near what a Kaz stamp is worth in my opinion.

I would also like to say a big thanks to Kaz for all his help as we keep very close contact with NSX issues.

Also thanks to Andy at VTEC DIRECT for his help with parts and speedy delivery.

Plus thanks to Dali for all his help over the past 3 months or so. Great communication and speedy delivery.

On thing I will point out for the UK guys is, the complete coolant hose system is a great price from Dali but; This system is setup for LHD NSX's so a few hoses are not the correct length/fitment, so you will need to order the additional hoses from a UK/JDM source. I still found it cheaper than ordering all from a UK source though.

Andy/Kaz, maybe you guys can come up with a complete system that rivals Dali?
    Last edited by Sudesh; 12-11-2009 at 12:44 AM.

I decided to tidy up the top window seal, these seal can fade due to the elements and can be replaced ok, but I didnt want to start removing the seal now and cleaning out the runner and applying new bond etc.

Heres how mine looked

So started my masking off the area

With a crafting knife I gently tucked the tape under the groove

With the main area amsled I then covered the rest of the car

With the area covered I wet sanded the strip with very light sandpaper

After sanding use a tack cloth to clean up the strip

With the strip cleaned I first primed the it with a few coats

When the primer was ready for sprayin I used gloss back

I'll update shortly when the lacquer has settled

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast