Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Regarding the GPS antenna.

When fitting one of the DD stereos the console is obviously removed. It's then very easy to fit the antenna hidden away under the dash. Makes for a cleaner installation and it works just fine when mounted on the under dash steel tubing bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Regarding the GPS antenna.

When fitting one of the DD stereos the console is obviously removed. It's then very easy to fit the antenna hidden away under the dash. Makes for a cleaner installation and it works just fine when mounted on the under dash steel tubing bar...
    Yes that is true, and as some have mentioned does work. But for me it still not the correct location. The magnet used on GPS antenna is not overly strong so if it was attached to the chassis tubing and you came under hard driving conditions, it possible it could detach. It may never happen but if it did, would be a pain to start stripping down to sort it out. Even if you look at modern day cars, GPS antenna is either built into the window or a roof type antenna.

Not saying your method is wrong but from my experience, aftermarket antenna was always placed around the front window, which is why the small plate was included.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Horses for courses but I've had afermarket units in several cars as well as OEM units.

I agree manufacturers place them on the roof etc but I have never had any issue with them being under the dash. Should it fail then on the NSX it's just a case of removing the clock and centre vent then tracing the wire to the unit. . With an OEM roof mount you'd have to potentially remove the roof lining if there was no access aperture in the lining (there isn't in my OEM unit in my daily runner).

As for security, I don't just rely on the magnet. There are plastic cables ties in place as well to ensure fixing. I just prefer this to a bump/wart on my dash. If you'd seen what the original dash in my car was like with the alarm fitters shocking effort you'd know what I mean!!!

glad to see that Shane's headlight issue was easily resloved and everything is working fine again.

MANY thanks for doing all the wee tidy up's in the interior mate, your keen eye amazes me the majoirty of the time; had noticed some of the issues but did not see that vent on the door console!

with regards to the posts re the GPS antenna, as i own the car i personally prefer the placement of it there ... my previous cars had them installed there and i have never had any signal issues EVER! i know people who have hidden them and have had issues, so its not my intention to hide it. they are so small anyway these days you hardly notice its there and it never moves or rattles. hell the amount of people that have been in my car have never even noticed ... too busy loving the sitting position, looking out front between the wing arches and listening to the lovely VTEC behind their earholes!

GREAT JOB ON THE SEAT! Pleased as punch with that mate ... SWEET
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

What did you use to get those seats right Sudesh?

Top effort!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    What did you use to get those seats right Sudesh?

Top effort!

SS
    Hi Kare,

Thanks for the comment, that was a quick going over with a first application of the scuff treatment, I'm going to do another layer and a few other bits.

I used this product: http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm

Cant comment on the longevity of this product as I've only used it once on a previous car which has since sold, also everyone has there method of entering and exiting the NSX which can involve allot of pressure/rubbing against the bolster. But from that quick test on Andrews car it really helped to hide the wear marks.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Cool

Sudesh im glad you got my lights sorted. Was a major pain!!
    Looking forward to getting her back and to see what Enkei's are like on a darker car..

Have you got the rear hatch garnish fitted yet?
    Last edited by shane; 29-03-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Not a problem! Glad it was a simple job to work out and repair.

Havent fitted the rear hatch garnish yet, they are made to order and I'm just waiting for my guy to call me, to let me when to collect.

Well its nothing I dont know about, and something everyone should have done if you have no record of it ever being carried out.

Once again I was lucky with my coolant hose, and similar situation to what happened a long time back. Anyway today was my second time driving my NSX this year, I had the car sorned and garaged over the winter and only a few weeks ago put it through MOT which it flew through. Weather was nice here today so decided to take it out for most of the day. All was going great until I called to a friends house, as soon as I opened my door I could smell coolant, had a look round and didnt see any immediate signs. Then I got down and looked under the car and noticed some drips in the middle of the car, noting too serious and not enough to affect the coolant level and temp needle stayed in its proper position.

However I had a feeling I knew what the problem was so decided to take it easy and get the car home. Once home I got the car up and removed the centre cover to the 3 coolant hoses. I started the NSX again and noticed a small pin hole where the coolant was coming from, I then had a look around the rest of the hoses while I was there and within a few mins the tiny pin hole erupted and coolant poured out!

So once again, I have been lucky that I was at home when a coolant pipe burst, nobody to blame but myself as I have yet to carry out a full hose change on my own car, but at this rate I'll have them done eventually lol. Anyway ordered up 3 new centre hoses and the 2 main ones at the front. Would just be my luck as the weather is to be amazing this weekend and no chance the hoses will be here before then.

Anyone by any chance have 3 new middle hoses spare that they could kindly send me?

As soon as I get the 3 NEW ones from my dealer I will send them to you.

Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast