Thread: NSX Refresh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NSX Refresh

I'm working on an NSX at the moment for another member. After receiving the car last week I have been working on quite a few issues.

The car in question, 1996 Charlotte Green, Manual Targa

One of the first jobs was the antenna, its did not retract all the way and also was slightly bent.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I removed the antenna and dismantled it.

The internals were in bad condition and some of the teeth were rounded off.

I repaired the internals cleaned everything up and re-installed, all working now.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

There was slight damp in the boot and after inspecting the problem I found that small amounts of water were coming from the antenna outlet pipe as it was blocked up.

I cleared out the pipe, disenfected it and re-installed.

The bonnet catch on this car was completely seized up and the safety catch was not working at all.

After removing the catch, I de-greased it and cleaned up the mechanism.

To spruce it up slightly I re-sprayed it, then added new grease and now the catch is working correctly.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.

This car had an aftermarket pioneer CD changer in the boot that was in my opinion poorly fitted.

The wiring was tracked inside the rear wing of the car, and was moving freely and I could hear it rattling round, even when I closed the door, I could hear the wiring rattle; the wiring the appeared out in the engine bay.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:36 PM.