Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Refresh

Default NSX Refresh

I'm working on an NSX at the moment for another member. After receiving the car last week I have been working on quite a few issues.

The car in question, 1996 Charlotte Green, Manual Targa

One of the first jobs was the antenna, its did not retract all the way and also was slightly bent.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I removed the antenna and dismantled it.

The internals were in bad condition and some of the teeth were rounded off.

I repaired the internals cleaned everything up and re-installed, all working now.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

There was slight damp in the boot and after inspecting the problem I found that small amounts of water were coming from the antenna outlet pipe as it was blocked up.

I cleared out the pipe, disenfected it and re-installed.

The bonnet catch on this car was completely seized up and the safety catch was not working at all.

After removing the catch, I de-greased it and cleaned up the mechanism.

To spruce it up slightly I re-sprayed it, then added new grease and now the catch is working correctly.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.

This car had an aftermarket pioneer CD changer in the boot that was in my opinion poorly fitted.

The wiring was tracked inside the rear wing of the car, and was moving freely and I could hear it rattling round, even when I closed the door, I could hear the wiring rattle; the wiring the appeared out in the engine bay.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 09:36 PM.

I followed the wiring through the firewall of the car, into the cabin and it ran up along the drivers side carpet.

It then ran up under the dash and was bundled up behind the carpet.

I then traced the wires to where it was taking power and discovered that first; the CD system was wired in using an FM transmitter so the CD signal only passed through via the antenna. I then discovered where the system was wired into and was shocked to see how bad and more important dangerous this was.

From what you can see, the OEM wiring loom was sripped back in places and the CD wiring was just wound round the loom and left like that!! No masking tape in places, no solder, nothing. So after speaking to the owner we decided the best method was to remove everything and repair the damaged cable and secure it correctly.
    Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 11:00 PM.

At the same time as doing the repairs to the loom, I noticed more wiring issues. This time it was coming from the aftermarket alarm immobiliser system that was installed. First of all the system was not working correctly and the actual siren was not working.

Under the bonnet the siren was fixed badly and attached to the crusie control

The wiring was tracked poorly

The wiring went into the fuse box and bundled up in there.

The wires continued into the cabin to the control box which was just laying freely in the cage.

I covered the control box in sound proofing, and then, bedded it in securely to the correct location and added extra sound proofing to stop it moving or ratteling round.

Last edited by Sudesh; 03-08-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast