Thread: 1:2 Senna helmet(1988)

Default 1:2 Senna helmet(1988)

To all you Ayrton fans(like me)
    Just received this, very nice Minichamps 1:2 scale helmet.
    And of course foundation approved.

cue jokes of a 1:2 scale head

Looks great! I would love to own something related to, signed, touched or endorsed by the great man, but how would I tell if its genuine? I assume the foundation only sanction reproduction items? Seen some stuff at Goodwood recently & Silvertsone last week, but wouldn't risk buying as not sure how geniune they are?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Very nice, I was thinking of a 1:1 replica. I met a Williams F1 engineer on Hols and he said that Senna was very hunble and very hardworking/demanding. That is my Six Degrees gone!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Looks great! I would love to own something related to, signed, touched or endorsed by the great man, but how would I tell if its genuine? I assume the foundation only sanction reproduction items? Seen some stuff at Goodwood recently & Silvertsone last week, but wouldn't risk buying as not sure how genuine they are?
    Hep it's difficult, I saw a hand signed photo at Brands last year, I can't remember how much but no way of telling if it was genuine. I guess you would have to stick to the reputable outlets like Alex Reade, Grandprix legends and suchlike. But they are very rare.
    and anyone can print out a "certificate of authenticity".