Thread: Tyresite.com

1. Default Tyresite.com

Hi All,

Just a quick query.....has anyone used this site before to buy tyres?

Also has anyone with an NA1 1990 or above with original alloys used these tyres, are they any good?

FRONT:
    205/50R15 Toyo Proxes T1R 89V RF Tyre

REAR:
    225/50ZR16 Toyo Proxes T1R 92W tyre

Thanks in advance

Andy

I haven't used that site, nor those tyres (so this is going to be a helpful response!!!)

All I can say is that I have been very impressed with Toyo's I have run on other cars.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

3. Default

Well,

I have ordered the tyres and I have got them delivered to my friends garage...hopefully they should arrive by the weekend and so can get them fitted....Will keep you all posted on how they are

I love the tread on the T1R's

Cheers,

Andy

A very good online store source for tyres is camskill.co.uk. Very well priced. I think I paid less than £400 delivered for a set of 4 in the 17 + 17 OEM sized GSD3'S.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 14-07-2009 at 02:10 PM.

5. Default For a set of 15" and 16"

The price quoted for a complete set is around £250 which is very good.....unfortunately they just called me to say they got no stock and don't know when they will have anymore from their supplier....

One of the guys at the garage has now recommended Vrdestein tyres...so will see how much and if they have stock.....

Cheers,

Andy

Another to consider that may be available in your sizes Andy, are the Hankook Evo12

I have these and IMO they are great value and offer good all round performance

HTH, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

7. Default

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the advice.....i am thinking to consider your option they have nice treads and are also good value for money......

will keep you posted and thanks for everyones advice

Cheers,

Andy

Paul (S) how do these Hankooks compared to the GY F1 GSD3s?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

9. Default After everything......

I was giong to use Tyresite.com......they seemed very helpful....thought I ordered the Toyo Proxi T1R's...but unfortunately the next day got a call to say their supplier is out of stock and they didnt nknow when the stock was going to be back.....

So went to a local tyre guy who also could not get hold of the Toyos.....and was going to go with Vredesteins which have a really nice tyre tread....but ended up with Uniroyal Rainsport 2 which also have the 'V' shape (205/50/R15 and 245/50/R16)

The grip is quite good actually better than I expected......I think the next set will be Toyos now....but i wanted to get some tyres before my drive down to SIlverstone next week......

Cheers everyone for their help.......

Andy

After Bridgestone, does anybody knows which of the suitable tyres have the stiffest sidewall?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo