Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stereo

The long trim across the top is removed by sliding the whole panel UPWARD, the outer two clips are located in 'keyhole slot', I can't comment on the centre lip [as mine was broken], but I suspect it pops forward rather than sliding upwards. The infill panels behind the seats [3 and 14] pop forward, each with 4 clips, once removed their orientation when replaced is printed on the back of the panels.
    So simple even a man can do it !

If there is one (very minor) drawback with my new NSX it is the antiquated cassette player. I have been reading the various threads, including this one, on the forum and while a simple and attractive option would be to replace the CD changer with an IPod this does nothing for the useless cassette player.

I know that there are various options available for the centre console and that these can be quite radical up to and including a sat nav pod etc but is there a relatively simple way of replacing the cassette player unit with something more useful that does not mean replacing the entire console or cutting holes in it?

Thanks for any advice.

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

I think Procar did something similar adding a USB port, but that would still leave the stick stick out.

If you are staying OEM and want something simple a casette adapter for the Ipod works well.

I have the Grom Ipod adaptor brand new and I'd be willing to sell it. It plugs into the CD multichanger cable either behind the stereo, seats or boot area....and controls an Ipod direct from the OEM head unit. I've bought a Double-din Nav/ipod/cd unit and will be fitting that at some point. The Grom is unused except for checking it worked when delivered....even thought I haven't fitted the Double-din I haven't used the Grom, daft or what?!?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123