Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stereo

1. Default

I've only had it 5 years, I don't know if the tape deck works.

Has anybody been able to find a supply in the UK who sells the PA11-HON adapter?

Also can anyone advise as to how easy is it to get to the CD connector behind the passenger seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Has anybody been able to find a supply in the UK who sells the PA11-HON adapter?

Also can anyone advise as to how easy is it to get to the CD connector behind the passenger seat?
    The CD connector lead comes out in the boot. There are 3 parts to the CD cable

1 bit, Runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat, second bit runs from behind the seat through the fire wall in through the engine bay and comes out in the boot, 3rd piece runs from the connector in the boot from passenger side to drivers side where the OEM CD changer would be mounted. Depending on what CD changer you go for you may or may not need the adapter. You can install the Alpine CHM-S630 as a plug and play CD changer.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

When your standing at the back of the car, with the boot open, the cables are behind the carpet up at the top left corner. There are 2 which look similar, one dark blue cable [cd] the other is for [nav]

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    The CD connector lead comes out in the boot. There are 3 parts to the CD cable

1 bit, Runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat, second bit runs from behind the seat through the fire wall in through the engine bay and comes out in the boot, 3rd piece runs from the connector in the boot from passenger side to drivers side where the OEM CD changer would be mounted. Depending on what CD changer you go for you may or may not need the adapter. You can install the Alpine CHM-S630 as a plug and play CD changer.

Sudesh thanks for your reply. I don't want to install a CD changer but rather an Ipod connector, then have the ipod stored in the centre console between driver and passenger. (Something that Kaz has done with his)

So I am wondering how easy it is to get to that cable that runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat. Can you advise.

Sudesh thanks for your reply. I don't want to install a CD changer but rather an Ipod connector, then have the ipod stored in the centre console between driver and passenger. (Something that Kaz has done with his)

So I am wondering how easy it is to get to that cable that runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat. Can you advise.
    I take it your running with the OEM head unit?

To access the cable behind the passanger seat you need to remove the following.

1: Remove the long garnish at the top that runs along the window "NO13" this item pops out with gentle force, but you also need to raise it slighly as it has little metal inserts that slide down on to the next part.

2: Remove the left and right ganish "NO 14 & NO 3", these also just pop out but again, please use gentle pressure as its just very light chipboard covered in leatherette lol

3: Remove the centre arm rest. When you open your arm rest, basically the base inside needs to be pryed up, its just sitting loose, and there is usually a small recess at either the top or bottom of the panel where you can slide a prying tool or very small flat blade screwdriver in, to get it lifted. Once you get the panel lifted you will see 4 screws, unbolt and arm rest will come free.

4: With the arm rest free you then unbolt the centre panel [the one with the small speaker] This is held in by 5 screws all visible on the parts pic below. Please also disconnect the speaker, be gentle pulling the centre panel out as you dot want to strecth the speaker cable or damage the connection.

After removeing all that you have access to the cable

Wow Sudesh thank you very much amazing level of detail, now my husband has the info to carry out the work - gulp.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the part number for item 19 on the diagram as we belive that ours is damaged and may need to be replaced. Might as well do this at the same time.

Wow Sudesh thank you very much amazing level of detail, now my husband has the info to carry out the work - gulp.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the part number for item 19 on the diagram as we belive that ours is damaged and may need to be replaced. Might as well do this at the same time.
    No problem!

Is you garnish damaged or just need the clips replaced?

NO:19 is, 91560-SL4-003 clip, £1.62
    Last edited by Sudesh; 03-11-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Those clips are little devils - I broke a couple of mine when I was rummaging about on the rear bulkhead - it is worth haveing a few spares ready and waiting to replace in inevitable breakages!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    No problem!

Is you garnish damaged or just need the clips replaced?

NO:19 is, 91560-SL4-003 clip, £1.62
    Looks like just the clip maybe broken. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast