Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stereo

Default stereo

the cd changer in my car is a universal item, pioneer cdx-fm that connects via FM signal which is a very mediocre set up to say the least.
    is it possible to get a CD changer to connect directly to the original head unit and be controlled by it.am thinking of getting the SOS , OEM to aftermarket harness and installing an alpine pdx4-100 amp with alpine spx 17 ref speakers. any advice greatly appreciated(and needed) as the installer hasnt a clue about the OEM set up

Quote Originally Posted by edfitzie View Post
    the cd changer in my car is a universal item, pioneer cdx-fm that connects via FM signal which is a very mediocre set up to say the least.
    is it possible to get a CD changer to connect directly to the original head unit and be controlled by it.am thinking of getting the SOS , OEM to aftermarket harness and installing an alpine pdx4-100 amp with alpine spx 17 ref speakers. any advice greatly appreciated(and needed) as the installer hasnt a clue about the OEM set up
    The original head unit or the Apline CHA-S634 is the best, from what I read, to use on the OEM head unit.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

If you go for the Alpine 634 unit, you will have to either use tha ACUALP adaptor lead or swap round two of the pin outs in the DIN cable.

Shame, I sold one of those on here a short while ago...

Another option would be to attach your ipod to the standard system.

what adapter do you need to attach to the original system?

Quote Originally Posted by edfitzie View Post
    what adapter do you need to attach to the original system?

Its an Alpine to Honda adapter. You should be able to get it from most Alpine dealers. The Part No/Name is: ACUALP

If you do go the Alpine route make sure you also have the Alpine Ai-Net to M-Bus adapter part number: KCA 130B
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

6. Default

Anyone know if there is a way to connect an ipod (ok, it's an Archos, but you get the gist) directly to the Bose in an NA1?

I've tried the FM transmitter route but the interference is outrageous.

Whose bright idea was it to put an engine between the ariel and the radio anyway???

Quote Originally Posted by c11nky View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to connect an ipod (ok, it's an Archos, but you get the gist) directly to the Bose in an NA1?

Whose bright idea was it to put an engine between the ariel and the radio anyway???
    Check this out:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121560

Blog Entries

And some installation example;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USAspec01.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	5795 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPod01.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	5796

You don't see track no close to 100 on CD so often....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Track96.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	5797

You can control your iPod from the headunit directly including multiple Play List and also you can still use the click circle controller on the iPod directly.

The latest one even connects to the iPhone but I don't have one so can't comment on that.

Just make sure to get the correct version and latest spec.

Regards,
    Kaz

9. Default

Thanks for all this folks.

That looks like my weekend sorted. I might even consider getting an ipod...

...despite itunes!

Quote Originally Posted by c11nky View Post

Get one of those cassette converters into the tape deck? Ugly but cheap and easy.
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast