Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie! Hopefully future owner...

Default Newbie! Hopefully future owner...

Hi chaps.

Having owned an EP3 CTR and a DC5 back in the day I am an avid Honda fan. After the DC5 I moved to the dark side (Evo IX GT) and am currently the owner of a 2007 Porsche Cayman S.

I plan to be the owner of an NSX some time in the future with a budget of 30K.

What is the optimum model, mileage and year of an NSX that I could get with this budget?

Any advice and recommendations appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi and happy hunting

General guidance is as follows

- decide what you dont want, ie auto, colours you couldn't live with
    - once decided, look for the best documented NSX you can find that fits your requirements, ie daily driver / weekend toy
    - the rarest cars are the 3.2 manual (coupe or targa) with pop up lights

For your budget you would get the very best of the 3.2 pop ups or you may squeeze into the fixed light model with a higher mileage.

Ref mileage, dont be put off providing full history is present. There are many cars in the club with well over 100k miles that still purr nicely.

Late cars (fixed lights) are less likely to have any mods other than maybe an after market exhaust/intake system.

Due to the low frontage of the NSX, it is likely that earlier cars will have frontal paintwork to repair stone chipping rather than any actual accident damage.

HTH and good luck

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Thanks for the reply Paul.

Are the pop up light type the NA1 and the fixed light NA2?

I would ideally like a white one. Failing that I would also like Black.

What engine variants are there? What differences are there between the Targa and the Coupe?

Thanks again!

I think you'll seriously struggle with your colour choice, unless you seek out a very early or very late car. 99% of the cars available will be red/black, silver/black or Long Beach Blue or red in face lift.

The real challenge is finding a good car with history. As Paul pointed out, these cars aren't Italian, they'll do galactic mileage without any issues as long as they're service properly. The record milage for and NSX was in the 340's.

The NA1 is the three litre car with the five speed gearbox, the NA2 is the 3.2 six speed.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Great link mate - cheers!

I think you'll seriously struggle with your colour choice, unless you seek out a very early or very late car. 99% of the cars available will be red/black, silver/black or Long Beach Blue or red in face lift.

The real challenge is finding a good car with history. As Paul pointed out, these cars aren't Italian, they'll do galactic mileage without any issues as long as they're service properly. The record milage for and NSX was in the 340's.

The NA1 is the three litre car with the five speed gearbox, the NA2 is the 3.2 six speed.

Cheers,

James.
    I suspected so James. Out of that list I definitely like Long Beach Blue. There's actually one on Pistonheads at the minute that's just outside my budget:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/820536.htm

What you reckon to this one?

Welcome and good luck in your search.

That NSX in LBB colour on PH is priced high since its mileage is very low.

I think in the current economic climate £30K will get you a very late, mint and low mileage late pop in manual or an early fixed head lights on a 02 or even a 52 reg me thinks? Either way cars are rare whether its coupe, manual or even targa.

Also need to consider on later models if you want 3.2 engined, rather than the 3.0 autos which is not as quick/involving as the 3.2 6 speed manual. Autos will be cheaper and less desirable for future sales too. Also you need to consider that the total UK supplied cars sold is bewteen 450 - 500 from 1991 to 2005.

HTH
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Hi again guys - I've found a great example of a facelift very close to where I live. Now all I have to do is convince the fella to sell up!

It looks like I've got his arm twisted so hopefully it'll to be on the cards at some point in the near future at a price of around £31K. I just have to sell my Porsche Cayman S first.

It's a red 2003 manual with black leather interior, 36,000 on the clock and a FHSH. The car is a show winner.

What do you think?:

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/repo...MG_1893web.jpg

Hi and red with a red roof is the marmite combo! I really love it personally (mine is red/red) but does cause some debate. Good luck whatever you end up with.

Nice colour if you do buy it get rid of the pine tree as it really spoils it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast