Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driveshaft refurbishment

Blog Entries

Not sure it's cost effective than buying the whole boot repair kit including the grease but if you want the OEM, try 08798-9003. I think it was about 150g tube.
    In US, probably you can buy the whole boot kit at the same price (or even cheaper) though.....
    How much do you need? I'm in the process of refurbishing 2 x driveshafts so if you need just a little, I could send you the left over.

Or, as long as you don't mix up the different type grease (you must disassemble the pin bearing inside each roller to remove existing grease), you could go for the good quality aftermarket CV joint grease.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz, I'll try the 98798-9003, less than £5 so that will do. I only need a little bit but after this driveshaft is done I will be refurbishing another pair so it will be good to have some spare.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Not sure it's cost effective than buying the whole boot repair kit including the grease but if you want the OEM, try 08798-9003. I think it was about 150g tube.
    In US, probably you can buy the whole boot kit at the same price (or even cheaper) though.....
    How much do you need? I'm in the process of refurbishing 2 x driveshafts so if you need just a little, I could send you the left over.

Or, as long as you don't mix up the different type grease (you must disassemble the pin bearing inside each roller to remove existing grease), you could go for the good quality aftermarket CV joint grease.

Kaz

98798-9003 is unfortunately discontinued.
    Will drop you an email Kaz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12