Thread: Smartenna with an aftermarket stereo

1. Default Smartenna with an aftermarket stereo

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has fitted a Smartenna to their car with an aftermarket stereo? Are there any issues or difficulties doing this?

Cheers,

Andy

I think it only works with the OEM stereo as it's connected in line with the DIN CD connector.

An easier way is to put a switch in-line with the pink & white wire that goes to the aerial. This way you can stop power going to the aerial from an aftermarket stereo if you are listening to the CD or iPod. Some modern HU's only supply power to the aerial in radio mode anyway.

More info if you search on nsxprime.com

Hope this helps,

Gary

3. Default Hi

Thanks for your help....will have a search and tell you how I get on

Cheers,

Andy....therefore I may have a Smartenna for sale then.....

Save your pennies! I have one and it doesn't work with my Alpnie set up.

I would suggest a visit to your local ICE installer and see if they can fit a discreet switch to override the aerial when you are listneing to the CD

HTH,

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

5. Default

Thanks for your advice........Paul I have unfortunately already received my Smartenna from SoS and also the single din bracket which is ultimately what I was waiting for.

Lets see if I can find any other information on NSX Prime and also with an ICE installer.

Cheers,

Andy