Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: auto or manual? high mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by soddy View Post
    if that red 02 has been professionally repaired it wouldn't bother me, sounds a nice car and possibly a minimal impact,
    just parts are expensive hence as said above gets categorised due to the price. but then its a super car so you'd
    expect them to be that price?
    Although... as the silver car thread shows, even a Honda repair - presumably to standards and QC way beyond what a conventional car would get - is simply not enough to stop some buyers avoid the car.

There's a few LHD's in France currently available......see this link: http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/midi_pyrenees/occasions/?o=1&q=nsx

Cheers,
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    There's a few LHD's in France currently available......see this link: http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/midi_pyrenees/occasions/?o=1&q=nsx

Cheers,
    Good choice if you can live with LHD. Almost all around 100,000km interestingly
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

The '93 black one on page 2 looks interesting....only 83K kms = 53K miles.....all original apart from painted wheels. Not too far from the UK either.
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

No, no, no. If I was happy with a LHD manual NSX, I'd be biting this guy's hand off:
    * http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...167098991.html

If you go for an auto take care to test the automatic gearbox and watch how the previous owner has driven it. I recall quite a lot of auto gearbox failures. I don't think it's the gearbox itself but the owner trying to keep up with a manual and driving it hard. For me, an auto is not meant to be driven like an manual or in a very sporty manner. In permanent city driving it certainly has its advantage. But even then a manual is that too.

You've mentioned in your initial post that you want a manual, so I would not compromise at all. Higher mileage is not a problem at all if all the maintainance has been done and I don't mean a full booklet with HUK stamps but the quite long list of things that expect to be repaired after 15-20 years.

RHD or LHD? I'd never buy a car that has been built for the wrong side of the road. Only one exception: if an English has only been built RHD and I couldn't sleep one feet below groud-level before having owned one.

Give yourself a little bit more time. The market changes very slowly. But it can change for you pretty fast if the right car turns up for sale.

Good luck!
    Last edited by goldnsx; 24-11-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456