Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: auto or manual? high mileage?

Default auto or manual? high mileage?

hi
    I am considering buying an NSX but don't know that much about them other than the basic stuff I have read on the web.
    How does the driving experience differ between the auto and manuals?
    There seems to be more autos than manuals for sale and I would prefer a manual but if there isn't that much difference I would have an auto.
    Also,is high mileage (over 100k) a problem if the car has a full service history?
    cheers

Auto is quoted as having a 0-60 time of around 8 seconds.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by nakamichi View Post
    hi

Also,is high mileage (over 100k) a problem if the car has a full service history?
    cheers
    The Classic Car Club have a '95 targa with over 180k miles on it, never any engine problems despite a lot of abuse from members! Also see NSX Prime site for Stateside cars with epic mileages. Superb initial build quality plus Honda engine-building = fantastic long-term proposition. Try that in a Ferrari...

Cheers

Graham
    '93 Sebring Silver : sadly now sold
    '93 Range Rover LSE : now LPG so 11mpg not so bad. If I replace any more parts it'll be a new car.
    '07 Landie Defender 110 SW XS: heated seats!!! they'll be asking us to wash it next....
    '96 MX5 : project car
    '09 Honda XL125V : new hobby

Cant comment about auto v manual, as I've not driven the auto.

What I can tell you is the bullit proof reliability of the car if properly looked after. My own one is a 91 3.0 with approaching 150,000 miles. No real issues so far, and still enough performance for me Don't let high mileage put you off, just ensure its received the appropriate TLC over its life.

Good luck
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

5. Default

The auto has a lower powered engine and the early cars had power steering whilst the manual cars didn't.

PAS introduced on manual cars 94 I think? May have been a different system?

The rifle bolt action of the gear change is so satisfying, I'm not sure I would want an auto after driving a manual. There is a considerable price difference between the two.

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...4563&highlight=

Read post #180 for Andrew Frankel's opinion in Autocar. It isn't available on the Autocar site anymore, although I have a digital version.

My car is 18 years old with 71k and still feels like it will go on forever as long as it was looked after
    1991 Manual NSX Red/Black
    1992 Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Spec Black/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by sassthathoopie View Post
    http://www.acurazine.com/forums/show...4563&highlight=

Read post #180 for Andrew Frankel's opinion in Autocar. It isn't available on the Autocar site anymore, although I have a digital version.
    I like the post, is the Autocar digital version you have any larger than this post?

Have fun,
    Steven
    Never odd or even

7. Default

The text is the same, but off course you also get some pretty pictures and the masthead. His verdict on the cancellation of the new NSX can also be found on the acurazine page, as well as his blog on the autocar site.
    1991 Manual NSX Red/Black
    1992 Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Spec Black/Tan

I have driven many different nsx and configurations. I test drove an Auto for a member here, and I can tell you the obvious, not as quick as manual, but still fairly spirited and good looking.

If I was living somewhere with a lot of city traffic and was using the NSX as a daily, the auto would fit the bill.

Still "looks" as good as the manual.

Just my .2p

think I am going for a manual.I have had autos in the past and don't really like them.Good around town but not as much fun when driving in a sporty fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by nakamichi View Post
    think I am going for a manual.I have had autos in the past and don't really like them.Good around town but not as much fun when driving in a sporty fashion.
    Then you have answered your own question, happy hunting.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast