Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo's from Japfest 2009

Glad you guys all had a great day and you had some dry/sunny spells!

Great pictures too
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Paul (S), new car with same reg !?!

Wow, what a transformation and big surprise! Shame I miss the chance to see S2 in CW, I assume thats its new colour?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Paul, what on earth happened to S2... looks like it's seen a ghost!!!

Mark

I think the value of CMUK's car has just risen.

4. Default

wtf has happened to S2? Has it been wrapped?
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

AFAIK S2 has been wrapped and it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    AFAIK S2 has been wrapped and it looks great.
    Thanks Ary.

Yes its a wrap, completed by these guys http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php

They do all the gumball cars in the US. Its a bit of fun, is good for 3 yrs if I want to keep it that long. It protects the rest of the piantwork so no further stone chips and when I'm ready I can revert to Magnum Grey.

It washes and waxes just like normal paint but I cant touch it for a few more days as it completes the curing process.

It was verey interesting yesterday listening to all the comments and the obvious is it or isn't it conversations

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Ahh, interesting choice to say the least. Obviously I'd need to see it in the flesh before passing judgement. How much does a full wrap cost?

How many NSX's turned up yesterday then?

Has the event evolved or is it still primarily a big wings and big stereo zone? Ohh and don't get me started on Drifting... WTF is that all about

Cheers

Mark (aka Grumpy old man )

Multey will have the final numbers, but I'd say we had about 28 -/+2 cars yesterday, and the event presumably hasn't moved on all that much. It's mostly "the bigger the bore of your exhaust, the better". Luke said one time previously, "they should be paying us to go".

What about a suggestion that next year, we don't show up at all unless the organisers give us free tickets
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Default Boring.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    What about a suggestion that next year, we don't show up at all unless the organisers give us free tickets
    Ewan you seem to be missing the point, it is optional isn't it?! For most of us it is a nice chance to meet the people we communicate over the internet with, to chat, have a mess about, watch a bit of track action and admire a range of cars including our NSX's all of which people care about which is admirable IMO. If you really feel like that why bother turning up at all? I happen not to like heavily modded cars but that is not all that is there, is it?!

It is a little boring that people seem to think it is OK to make derogatory comments all the time about Japfest, whether it is their thing or not. Like it or not this club is not capable of organising an event with more than about 8 southern owned NSX's any other way. so whilst that is the case, those who don't think it is beneath them will continue to make the effort and turn up each May! If you feel like organising a NSXCB event yourself to get 20+ cars to attend please feel free, it would be refreshing for someone to make an effort rather than pick holes for once, and organising a Basingstoke event where two people travel more than 20 miles (normally me and Paul) doesn;t count

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. Jim, thanks for all the effort - I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and it was great to catch up with everyone yesterday as always.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Hey Matt, I know it's optional and I chose to go (and will probably do so again...) but my point is, in the main, the cars and demographic that go to Japfest aren't the ones I'd have much interest in. If I wasn't interested in NSXs and there wasn't the NSXCB gathering, I wouldn't go to Japfest.

Maybe I'm in the minority, though?

As has been said before, there are plenty other events to go to, one of which could become the "must attend" club meet for everyone to travel to instead of Japfest: whether that's the Silverstone Classic, the Gaydon Supercar Sunday (which I am happy to organise group attendance - for free - to, and which will hopefully get a reasonable turnout), or whatever.
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast