Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2002 Type-R Steering wheel with OEM boss

I've ordered at a different Japan supplier directly in Japan. They had a too good to be true price, maybe that's the reason it's not available. In eBay there are millions of horn buttons (but at a higher price than I was about to order). But up to $300 for a piece of plastic made in Italy, c'mon?! Also not sure how many of them are fake.

Thanks for the part no.

I guess I'll mount the MOMO horn button that came with the steering wheel first and give it a try with the next order...
    Last edited by goldnsx; 15-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Does anybody have a hint how to remove the red 'Tuner' off the MOMO steering wheel? I've tried with all kind of paint thinner and strong solvent but it can still be seen.

Hi Thomas,

I removed it all, both Momo and Tuner, with a hard rubber bit for my dremel mini drill.

I also removed the Momo, because by itself it isn't centered.

Nuno

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Does anybody have a hint how to remove the red 'Tuner' off the MOMO steering wheel? I've tried with all kind of paint thinner and strong solvent but it can still be seen.

Here is how the Honda part # 35259-SH3-A02 (contact plate) installed looks like:

Once again thanks so much for the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Hi, Bruno.

For NSX-R, Honda didn't provide the horn contact plate as a standalone parts and instead, it was included as part of another steering column/satellite sw/cover parts.

If you want to use OEM parts, just search on the parts system and look for the parts description as 'Horn, shoe' from another model.
    The parts no. starts with 35259-.

You can use the one from Civic/Integra/etc Type-R models.

You will still need to modify or adjust the shape so for me, it's quicker and cheaper to create own design.

Kaz
    Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    Bruno, does this help?

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88292

This is the parts explosion for my Type S wheel - no 35259-SH3-A02 in sight:

http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlis...ig=B&fig1=3102
    Last edited by bbvnsx; 06-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Going to place these here for the geometry purpose.

From the edge of the upper column cover, the mating surface of the steering wheel sits at just about 120mm.

Part of the base of the steering hub/boss is concealed inside the upper/lower column cover.

Depending on the design of the steering wheel, the position that you grab the wheel with your hand doesn't necessarily sits at the same plane as the centre section
    so please use this 120mm distance as a reference only.

Best creating model using cardboard or something and attach your steering wheel to get the feeling before installation.

It is important to check the distance to the turn signal lever and wiper switch with your hand still on the wheel.

Kaz

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678