Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Type-R Steering wheel with OEM boss

Hi goldnsx!
    Here in Portugal i couldn't even get Honda help to change my wheels and tires from 15/16 to 16/17 OEM setup... so I guess we are alone... fortunately there are other places here that you can use the services to be legal and get homologation of parts... one of them is the auto technology laboratory... do you have something like that in Switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Canceling the drivers airbag is hard to do legally. Honda will only allow it if the car is purely a track car and has 4 or 6 point belts and the like...
    So the Type R steering wheel died for me and I hope the bloddy OEM airbag doesn't quit tomorrow because there's no solution for it.
    I understand that Switzerland have one of the strictest if not the strictest driving and car modification laws in the world.
    Is that true???
    Last edited by Pride; 20-04-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

We have strict rules but most of them are taken over from the EU. But I think we are a little bit less corrupt. You can regard this fact as + or -. - In this case.

We've strict speed limits but I guess the UK has even stricter ones due to the story that I've read about the wife of a F1 teammanager (exSpice? not sure) has been fined for speeding...way OT.

Yes, we have some kind of 'special laboratories' which can help you out but it's always ££££ or $$$$. But if you let them test and do a certificate it would be allowed for any NSX in this country (or even EU?). The problem with this approach is that one has to start it and has to pay it fully while some other guys are eager to get a free copy of it. Not to offense anybody but some kind of 'group buy' would really help here.

In the videos I've seen about the Europe events in the past (I can't attend, sorry) I've seen quite a few NSXs with aftermarket steering wheels. All legally? Having a different steering wheel is not the problem, the problem is the deactivation of the airbag.

16/17: funny that you mention that. In the Swiss homologation both sets are listed. During the CTSC certification process the 'special laboratory' even listed the 02+ wheels for my car. So they are now legally on my car.

I've written an mail to a 'special laboratory' and will see what they can do for me.

We are a step further. If the belt is sufficient enough, so the airbag is not needed. These are the stickers on my belts (first two: driver: next two: passenger):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2591.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	12967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2595.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	12968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2596.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	12969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2598.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	12970

'Ar4m' on my passenger side is clearly visible. Unfortunately it's not visible on the driver side. Could anybody check if the drivers belt shows 'Ar4m'? UK: right side, EU: left side.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Hi, goldnsx.

My NSX is JDM 94 and it doesn't have the 2nd label in black with E markings. Only the white label on the seat belt.
    I have another NSX at my place but that one is also JDM and different year model but without the black label so could be the case that we won't see it on JDM.

Hope someone on here with UK or European models can assist you.

Kaz

Hi Goldnsx

just checked my 1993 UK model and there is not a 2nd label on the drivers side although there are remains of some silky black material as if there had been a label there. I'm wondering if the belt having more usage it has frayed and come adrift or been removed?

Rich

Thanks for the update. Yes, my black label look a little bit 'used' too.

As the label was required for Europe as 'E4' clearly indicates the JDM cars don't have it even tough they might have strict rules too. It also means that I'm not able to get a replacement belt from Japan if it ever fails. Just wondering what the US guys have...

I'm not sure about JDM cars in the UK but are these allowed without the 'E' label?

UK car, 1995, no 2nd label but the the single black tag is marked Apr4m
    The 'blacker' photo with the thumb is the Left hand Side [passenger in UK]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat Belt markings - 30 Apr 2017 - 21-14 - p2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	12976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat Belt markings - 30 Apr 2017 - 21-14 - p1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	12977  

UK 1995 car, The single tag is looped back on itself, the underside / return has the E marks
    000521 is the Left Hand Side [passenger in UK]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underside of seat belt marking - 30 Apr 2017 - 21-35 - p2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	12978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underside of seat belt marking - 30 Apr 2017 - 21-35 - p1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	12979  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast