Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standardising my NSX

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post

Now if only I could find a "DECENT" replacement console!!!
    That thread seems to have gone quiet....will resurrect.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    BTW I wonder if anyone has tought of contacting image wheels to desing a spare to fit over big brakes???
    Trouble would then be sourcing a concertina tyre to go with it and if you did, would cost £££'s. Cheaper to carry a full size spare in the boot and take less luggage...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I first noticed the Alpine IDA units too. They have more features, and the volume control is roughly central. But the whole thing is too gaudy for me. Looks like I'll be staying standard after all.
    Kevin the IDA is bright in colour, but the silver finish contrasts well with the car. I was in two minds, but the red colour illumination suits the NSX gauges and interior.

Did some more work today. I now have refitted the subwoofer. The amp that I had in the footwell has been moved. In a moment of genius I realised there is room above the glovebox, as I am lucky enough to not have a passenger airbag. So with the amp relocated between the glovebox and under the dash the subwoofer is back in place. Cool, all totally invisible and sounds ok too.

Now, change the head unit or not? For those of you that have fitted a new stereo, did you make a frame and screw the head unit in like the OEM is? Or are they resting on the console panel?
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Did some more work today. I now have refitted the subwoofer. The amp that I had in the footwell has been moved. In a moment of genius I realised there is room above the glovebox, as I am lucky enough to not have a passenger airbag. So with the amp relocated between the glovebox and under the dash the subwoofer is back in place. Cool, all totally invisible and sounds ok too.

Now, change the head unit or not? For those of you that have fitted a new stereo, did you make a frame and screw the head unit in like the OEM is? Or are they resting on the console panel?
    Kevin, my single din Alpine IDA is so light is just held by the panel, if I ever manage to get a nice CF console I will build some sor of bracket.

Cheers,

Ary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12