Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Kaz,
    What can I say, once again, you have done a fantastic job!

My ABS is now woking again as it should be, it is just lovely to drive the car again like it used to be.
    Thanks a million.
    Don't forget to let me know your schedule so we can get that other job sorted.
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    One caveat; the F1's sidewalls aren't really stiff enough and I'd not recommend them on an S2000 or NSX if handling enjoyment is preferred.
    Interesting - we've fitted them to the front-axle of Becs' Golf GTi (225/40/18 XL) and they're definitely stiffer than the Contisport 3's they replaced.
    Maybe the 'XL' (Extra Load, in case anyone wonders) has something to do with it - I've not been as taken with the Ventus V12 Evo's on my 'teg as Paul (Senninha) has on his NSX, and his are XL whereas mine aren't...

I need to get some AD08's for my ITR as soon as prices and supply reach consistent/sensible levels. And will await Kaz's review on their suitability for the NSX with interest...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    One caveat; the F1's sidewalls aren't really stiff enough and I'd not recommend them on an S2000 or NSX if handling enjoyment is preferred.
    I don't understand the critique on the F1's sidewalls. It's a tad softer than OEM but it offers very much grip and lasts very, very long. But I'm not sure how long it will be offered in the future. And the rest of the batch is produced in China. Ok, my Bridgestones come from Poland. I think I'll give the Hankook EVO V12 or even the S1 a try. I had the first one on my daily for a short time and it performed well. The sidewall is stiff enough.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    I don't understand the critique on the F1's sidewalls. It's a tad softer than OEM
    I'd argue it is massively softer than RE050s

Blog Entries

Once again, it’s time of the year to carry out the alignment service on my NSX.
    Recently, I installed the new tyres so it was also a good timing to carry out the alignment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SiliconGrease.JPG 
Views:	257 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	7467 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alignment.JPG 
Views:	293 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	7468
    Once a year, before going onto the alignment platform, I apply silicon grease on all of the suspension related bolts and nuts to prevent them from seizure.
    Because of this, even you mark the original position before removing them, it will change some of the setup so just need to be careful driving to the alignment place.

Happy with the setup and will be back again next year.

Name:	Header.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	7469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Under.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	7470
    Not bad for a 16years old with more than 128,000 miles car.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    Are the AD-08 going to be available for my tiny roller skates?(15/16'), I imagine the rears will, but the front is a hard size to find a decent tyre.

Thanks.
    Nothing wrong with only having 15", mate

The DC2 'Teg and EK4 & 9 do, so it's highly likely Yoko will be making them in your size.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I'd argue it is massively softer than RE050s
    I'd argue that too.

I'd also argue that most people criticised the symmetric for a short life, so I'm not suprised the 'Lude is eating the asymmetrics.

But the whole point of the 4WS 'Lude is it makes supposedly similar cars look silly attempting to go round corners. Bit like all my Hondas...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

8. Default

The tyres look good on the car Kaz, they look like track day tyres.

Blog Entries

Yes, it looks really nice and just waiting to see how it handles in the rain.

Every time when I fit new set of GSD3, it took ages (like more than 500miles) to run in before it can properly perform so interesting to see how this one goes.

By the way, regarding your previous post, AD-08 is available in 15/16 OEM size as well.
    Not sure about the stock level in UK though.

Best to contact Yokohama UK if they are out of stock. Advice that I got from NSX2000. Thank you.

Regards,
    Kaz

Blog Entries

Default For those with old tyres

Hi, all.

During my Health Check service, quite often, I noticed that many owners were driving their NSX with very old tyres.

It is hard to tell the actual condition of tyres by just the age as it all depends on driving and the environment conditions.
    Having said this, the performance will significantly degrade after about three years or so.

Most of the NSX are not driven every day so inevitably, the tyre doesn’t wear much within three years.
    For most of the tyres, you can check the manufactured week No. and Year by the marking on the side wall.

Sometimes, I saw tyres of more than 5 years old or even 10 years one on the NSX.

It may look safe from outside but you never know the actual state of your tyre when you are applying heat and load. On the tyre dyno, you will be amazed how the tyre changes it’s shape and heat pattern.

Eventually, you will start to see lots of crack at several places but that’s too late and you should replace them well before that.

Name:	Spare.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	7499
    For example, this is the state of my spare tyre.

As I use later spec brake callipers, I can’t use my original spare from early models and thus, I don’t carry this but kept it inside my garage with the coat of tyre treatment.

Even with this better condition than keeping the spare under the bonnet just behind the radiator, the side wall started to crack after just several years.

From time to time, I use this spare while removing the spindle nut during the drive shaft service but it can’t even hold the specified tyre pressure overnight.

This is probably the extreme case but if you are still using your old tyres, please be very careful and I do recommend replacing them even they are not worn out.

Also, if you are relying on your very old spare tyre, please check it regularly as you don’t want to drive your NSX with old one which may fail suddenly. Have you tried your spare tyre with the onboard air compressor recently?

Regards,
    Kaz

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast