Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Blog Entries

Although it is not in the manual, it will save your time and brake fluid by carrying out the bench bleeding if you emptied the Master Cyl.

If you look inside the master cyl, you’ll find that the fluid holes for the two outlet port towards the two brake pipes connected to the Cyl are not at the 12 or 3 o’clock position. Instead, it is more like 1 or 2 o’clock. And the brake fluid has higher viscosity than the water.

Because of this, if you emptied the Master Cyl, it will take long time to get rid of the air from the brake hydraulic system. Also, you could end up just pushing and pulling the air inside the brake pipe if you let too much air inside the master cyl as well as inside the pipe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrMasterCylBench.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	6627
    Connect two brake pipes to the mater cyl and pressure bleed on the bench. By using this method, you can tilt the master cyl in the exact angle to quickly push out the inside air out of the way. Also, it will help by tapping on the cyl body to move the sticky air bubbles from the internal wall.

Name:	BrPressBleed.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	6628
    Once all the callipers and brake hoses are connected, place the Brake master cyl in original place and it is time to pressure bleed the entire system.

3. Brake Hose
    The owner ordered the Goodridge Brake Hose with custom made length. Also, he went for the Stainless Fittings and not the Zinc plated one.
    Initially, he didn’t get the Front brake hose with two fixing holders but thanks to the quick response from Goodridge and the modified ones were directly sent to my place.

Name:	GoodridgeFront01.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	6629 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	6631 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TorqueCheck.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	6630
    Always start from the banjo bolt side and the new hoses were installed, torqued properly.

Blog Entries

Name:	Front1G.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	6632 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RLhose.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	6633 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear1G.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	6634
    The installation was checked to make sure none of them were touching any part of the chassis while the steering wheel was turned as well as when each corners were in full droop and compression while on the lift and on the alignment rig.

Kaz, I had the following parts listed for rebuilding my master cyl but noticed you seem to have a lot more parts in your picture. It looks like I maybe missing some extra seals...

I had;
    46185-SE0-003 - Seal
    57520-SL0-953 - Primary Piston
    57540-SL0-953 - Secondary Piston

Can you tell me what I'm missing please?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Mine is 1993 5SP MT.

Blog Entries

Hi, NSXGB.
    I don’t have full access to my parts system at the moment so I can’t provide you with the specific parts number.

Yes, indeed, you are missing some of the seals and washers for the OH service. You must purchase the OH kit as certain seals are not even shown on the parts system. Addition to the OH kit, you need the stopper pin as well.

Before you start, please make sure to get hold of the instruction as I have never seen it in English. In fact, the only instruction in English that I saw in the past was stating as ‘Do not try to disassemble the master cylinder. Replace the master cylinder assembly with a new part if necessary‘.

Unless you have serviced your NSX from Day1 by yourself, please make sure that your booster pushrod clearance is within the spec by using the special tool as seen in my post.
    Although it is very unlikely that you need to adjust it (I never had to adjust it in my life), I know my friend had to re-adjust it on two NSX in the past because someone touched it without following the correct procedure.

We are talking about in the range of 0.2mm and unless you are the only one who has ever worked on your NSX, there is no guarantee that no one has ever adjusted it before.

I'll send you the parts no over email once I have access to the system.

Regards,
    Kaz

Many thanks Kaz. There's no rush on this.

Kaz, I would like to get some of the Dielectric silicone grease like the ShinEtsu stuff that Honda don't sell any more. Can you recommend another?

Send him a PM or Email.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Kaz, I would like to get some of the Dielectric silicone grease like the ShinEtsu stuff that Honda don't sell any more. Can you recommend another?
    Last edited by Sudesh; 11-03-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Yes, no rush....

9. Default ECU & Multiplex Test / Repair

Hi Kaz

The kind gentlemen who have replied to my message of distress...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7455

have pointed me in your direction.

My local garage are suggesting that I should get my ECU and Multiplex units checked out to see if they are fried..

Are you able to assist?

Car is a 2001 3.2 Manual

Thanks
    Justin

Justin, you may get a quicker response via email or PM....

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast