Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Blog Entries

Hi, ozon02.

In Japan, 91308-PH9-000 was superseded to 91302-GE0-000 many years ago.
    You need three of them in total.
    One each under the #1 cam holder at F & R banks plus 3rd one at the bottom of the oil level gauge pipe.

Kaz

Super info Kaz! I was wondering on this myself and looking at old NSX paper books service info. It's not even as good as your knowledge.

Maybe stupid question with my health condition, but do Japan move on quickly with part changes? And numbers?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Post #449
    "Applying torque to the bolts in the specific order in several turns using the digital torque wrench.
    Very improtant process as this will affect the valve clearance adjustment later."
    "specific order"-black numbers written on Bank Camshaft Holders?
    "several turns"- 1 turns 1/3 specific torque,2 turns 2/3spec.torque

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Super info Kaz! I was wondering on this myself and looking at old NSX paper books service info. It's not even as good as your knowledge.

Maybe stupid question with my health condition, but do Japan move on quickly with part changes? And numbers?
    Interesting point and as you suspected, probably true.

The main factor would be the access to all these Honda models and NSX variants that are not sold outside of Japan.
    Also, having factory Refresh plan changes a lot in parts availability/stock level.

Addition to these, the parts manufacture/assembly location, local regulation, language used/displayed on the parts itself, etc would change the parts no. as well as availability.

As seen on here and on NSX prime, there are many parts discontinued at Acura or Honda UK, Europe but still available in Japan.
    Recently, Honda Japan changed the menu of NSX Refresh program that I’m quite sure it had some impact on the parts availability as some of them were kept within Honda for this purpose.

I just hope the parts manufactures keep producing these parts for our NSX despite the fact that they won’t make big profit out of it.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Hi, ozon02.
    Probably you are asking question and I like your style so I'll try copying it in my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ozon02 View Post
    "specific order"-black numbers written on Bank Camshaft Holders?
    workshop manual. common procedure for this type of assembly. start from the centre, move outward in crisscross.

Quote Originally Posted by ozon02 View Post
    "several turns"- 1 turns 1/3 specific torque,2 turns 2/3spec.torque
    know-how, experience. metal temperature, how to apply eng oil to the bolt thread and seating surface of the bolt head. line boring, how camshaft floats at journal with eng oil molecule level.

Kaz

Good day Kaz,

Yeah production stop is a bit of a problem, as you mention this is worse for all different models, years, country etc.

This has happened for Lamborghin too, they completely stopped producing parts for a few models I worked on. Even my own car, parts can't be purched any more.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Thank you for that kind reply and as always, great info.....

I have NSX paper work shop manual, old skool style. Then the old square style disc for compute, now proper round disce... But I pretty much don't need any as your help over years, is great....Also I'm frainds wiith a NSX spec guy in US who is very Clued in.

Who should see the paper book I have for my Diablo, it's just huge then a section open and folds out to show engine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Interesting point and as you suspected, probably true.

The main factor would be the access to all these Honda models and NSX variants that are not sold outside of Japan.
    Also, having factory Refresh plan changes a lot in parts availability/stock level.

Addition to these, the parts manufacture/assembly location, local regulation, language used/displayed on the parts itself, etc would change the parts no. as well as availability.

As seen on here and on NSX prime, there are many parts discontinued at Acura or Honda UK, Europe but still available in Japan.
    Recently, Honda Japan changed the menu of NSX Refresh program that I’m quite sure it had some impact on the parts availability as some of them were kept within Honda for this purpose.

I just hope the parts manufactures keep producing these parts for our NSX despite the fact that they won’t make big profit out of it.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Hi, all.

Addition to my NSX Climate Control Unit (CCU) service, I have been offering the NSX Health Check Service for some of the members here.
    As I received similar questions on this, I would like to share some of the information of the service and the maintenance works carried out based on the result of this.

[Edit: It will take minimum of 4Hrs plus another 1Hr for the report.
    Due to the time required and to be fair with the owners who are taking the further service based on the health check report, the new price is GBP250 as of May/2012 and it includes GBP100 deposit towards the future major services.
    The depoist is valid for a limited time decided by myself and as it is recommended to take Health Check service once a year, the time limit will be much shorter than that.
    The criteria of 'major service' to be decided by myself.
    The depoist of GBP100 won't be refunded to the owner if one couldn't take the major service within the time limit unless separate agreement has been made with me.]

As I can only carry out this during my spare time at this stage, it will be private/friend basis.

I will inspect your NSX for about 150 check points from top to bottom and front to rear. During the health check, I’ll ask several questions such as when the last time this part was serviced so it would be nice if you can bring your service record or study them prior to the health check.

After this, I’ll summarise the recommended future service works with three different priorities so that you can discuss with your mechanic or myself to schedule the service timing and also spread the cost. It is recommended to carry out this kind of Health check every 6 months regardless of the mileage since the last health check.

As a personal opinion, anyone with NSX workshop manual can carry out the service work. Also, anyone with the parts list can place the order for you.

However, the service result would be different depending on the knowledge, skill, experience and so on. On top of these, there are several things that can only be detected by the sense/feeling which is not on the workshop manual.

You could be ordering a part without knowing the fact that it could be repaired rather than replacing or it could be upgraded with small extra cost.

Addition to these, knowing the car from the development stage, understanding the specific design reason of each parts and experience in the motor racing will make different level of service.

Some of the members decided to go ahead with the Health check service and even went further to leave the car at my place or placed orders for the parts.

Followings are some of the works that I carried out recently.

New Front Brake Disks and Refurbished Front Brake Calliper with new pistons
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRbrake.JPG 
Views:	765 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	5345 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PistonAndSpringAfter.JPG 
Views:	733 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	5346

ABS service including flushing the four solenoids
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABS-Bleeder.JPG 
Views:	788 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	5347 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlushSolenoid.JPG 
Views:	757 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	5348
    Hi Kaz, hope you are well. Are you still offering the Health Check Service. If you are I would be interested
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Blog Entries

Hi, Geoff.
    Thank you for showing your interest to my service and yes, I’m fine and really busy but still breathing.
    Just replied back through email so please take a look.

There is long-long waiting list at the moment due to massive delay caused by new issues found every time when I started servicing NSX that I never serviced before.

Joy of working on the classic cars.

I’ve just made changes to the time I spend on servicing the NSX, discussion on parts stock, etc.
    All these changes are positive but won’t make difference overnight so I’ll keep focusing on what I’m doing.
    At the moment, my recommendation is to combine the Health Check with other services such as Brake overhaul, cooling sys refresh, annual service, etc.

Any way, please take a look at the email as that's the best way to contact me while handling lots of communications in the background.
    You can contact me through WhatsApp if you need urgent support.
    FB Messenger is OKish although I found out that not everytime I get the notification so hard to reach me through there....

Kaz

10. Default

Hi Kaz....would like to know if you still carry out your inspection services please....

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758