Hi, goldnsx.
Over the past 20 years, Honda changed the recommendation on the MT oil many times and I can’t even remember the exact timing and the changes applied each times.

Each car manufactures work together with major oil companies to develop OEM branded oils and as the oil technology advanced, the MT oil was also modified.

In Japan, originally Honda recommended to use Honda Genuine Engine Oil or MTF.

At that time, I think it recommended just the engine oil with 10W-30 or 10W-40 viscosity for the owners outside of Japan.

Then, around early 94, it only recommended to use Honda MTF and no longer the engine oil as the permanent basis.
Around 95, it started to mention the MTF-II and then around mid 00’s, it started to use MTF-III.

During these changes, I heard that at one point, the base oil was changed and some revisions to the additives were continuously made over the years.

The MT oil pump is driven by the final driven gear so unless you rotate the tyres, the oil won’t be circulated to the parts inside the gearbox.
The MT oil from the pump will then pass through the hollow section of the main shaft, counter shaft, reverse shift shaft, etc and finally arrives at the internal parts.
Because of this specific design, for our MT, we need the MT oil to have low viscosity but strong oil film under any conditions.
If you use aftermarket MT oil which tends to have higher viscosity, you will struggle to get into 2nd gear first thing in the cold winter morning.

MTF-III is very good for street usage and occasional track session.
So, I don’t know the exact answer to your question but hope above info will at least help you a little.

Regards,
Kaz