Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Early NSX?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    They have more of a GT type feel than a manual one. If you are just using it for a city car and some country drives I am sure it will be OK.
    Thanks, nice way of describing it it's not my choice of gearbox but an option if I don't find what I'm looking for. Still I'd need to sell my current car before I can purchase one privately and I've got Graham's one to look at, which I may be able to p/x with the dealership it is at, should it not go before I can arrange time to go and view it.

Have fun,
    Steven
    Never odd or even

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    I took a year to find this car before I bought it 3 years ago and I have yet to see a better one on the road!

If you don't know about these cars just look the reviews up on the internet - you will not get a better looking and driving car for this money!

The car has only undertaken 69,000 miles and (rarely for these) is a UK car and has the red roof rather than the horrible black glass roof that most red ones have.

Oh dear...............
    I did notice that bit as well ...
    Never odd or even

That red car on ebay has been for sale for a while! In-fact its been at least a year on and off the maket. Also the photos have not changed so the seller is using "older" pics. I would ask for current photos.

The red/black combo and red/red combo has been discussed quite a bit in the past and I seen a few threads on Prime about it. Personally for me it all down to your own preference. I like the red with black as it makes the car look alot lower and has also been compared to a fighter jet.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...20008208x6.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-15_NSX%20008%208x6.jpg  
    Last edited by Sudesh; 28-04-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    That red car on ebay has been for sale for a while! In-fact its been at least a year on and off the maket. Also the photos have not changed so the seller is using "older" pics. I would ask for current photos.

The red/black combo and red/red combo has been discussed quite a bit in the past and I seen a few threads on Prime about it. Personally for me it all down to your own preference. I like the red with black as it makes the car look alot lower and has also been compared to a fighter jet.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...20008208x6.jpg
    That's interesting, thank you, I wonder why it's not been sold already? I think I'd actually view it first if I were more interested in it, living close enough to do that.

I personally think there's something odd if a red NSX doesn't have a black roof but then maybe that's because it was how I first saw one and yeah it does make it look like a fighter jet .

Have fun,
    Steven
    Never odd or even

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I personally think there's something odd if a red NSX doesn't have a black roof
    There's nothing odd looking about this beauty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP4683.JPG  
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    There's nothing odd looking about this beauty
    Yes......but that's not an early model NSX.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Yes......but that's not an early model NSX.

SS
    Even in ex-Luke's very nice 2004 NFR NSX the roof looked odd in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    .......I personally think there's something odd if a red NSX doesn't have a black roof but then maybe that's because it was how I first saw one and yeah it does make it look like a fighter jet .

Have fun,
    Steven
    And that was part of the thinking behing the black roof. You will note that around the same time, Honda were delivering the CRX with its lower body clad in plastic trim, also black in colour. This was also to slim the lines of the car.

Clearly it was a Honda cosmetic design theory during the early 90's

Regards,
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Even in ex-Luke's very nice 2004 NFR NSX the roof looked odd in red.
    I've opened a can of worms .

I notice that Rob's car he had for sale here is back on PistonHeads (http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/998649.htm) but seems to be missing it's nice plate.

Have fun,
    Steven
    Never odd or even

Has the value of NSXs gone up this much recently?

If I'm not mistaken this is the same car, give or take a very slight mileage increase and a possible mis-representation on the year...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...%3DI%26otn%3D2

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1026366.htm - http://www.dmtautos.co.uk/stock.htm

...it looks like it was marked as sold in the last day on ebay, advertised previously between £12K - £14K and the dealer now has it for £22K!

Still I could be completely wrong...

Have fun,
    Steven
    Never odd or even

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast