Thread: Favourite roads?

Default Favourite roads?

Hi all. Taking a long weekend driving trip next weekend and in the process of rough planning my route. Does anyone recommend a special road in England that I may wish to incorporate in my plan?

Thanks

Olly
    Last edited by lotusolly; 13-04-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Adding location

2. Default Fantastic drivers roads

We have some great roads here in Devon/Cornwall and Somerset,but if I were to tell you which ones it would mean I might have to share them with someone else
    Cheers,
    Ian

Hi Olly,

What , where, when ... Theres several I like but depends where you are heading as to whether to share

regards,
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER BULLET View Post
    We have some great roads here in Devon/Cornwall and Somerset,but if I were to tell you which ones it would mean I might have to share them with someone else
    Cheers,
    Ian
    I was driving that very road tonight in the S2. Managed to keep it in V-tech for 12 miles!!

Cheers,

James.

I can't tell you where it is, so here's a picture of my cat instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00276.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	5208  
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I was driving that very road tonight in the S2. Managed to keep it in V-tech for 12 miles!!

Cheers,

James.

I can't tell you where it is, so here's a picture of my cat instead.
    Hi James,were you stuck in first gear ? you are going to wear it out before we get to Castlecombe at this rate .
    Cheers,
    Ian

Sheffield to Glossop (Snake Pass), then cut south through Whaley Bridge, Buxton, Macclesfield, back to Buxton then on to Congleton. Awesome, as long as the weather is OK.

If you can, make it up to the quiet roads in Scotland, working my way back from there at the moment. Epic.
    '91 Red/Black Manual Coupe
    '93 MX5 for the track. Red. With a roof that's, er, black...

I can vouch for the Snake Pass and roads around it, but watch those bikers around some of those Buxton roads! How about the road through Glencoe with its awesome mountain scenery, infact anywhere in the Highlands! You can't go wrong going NorthWest direction from Fort William
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    I can vouch for the Snake Pass and roads around it, but watch those bikers around some of those Buxton roads! How about the road through Glencoe with its awesome mountain scenery, infact anywhere in the Highlands! You can't go wrong going NorthWest direction from Fort William
    Yeah like your NSX has seen anything like that? or do you have it on DVD and show it to your car, while it's all tucked up in cotton wool?

Hint Hint, get your car out on the road!!!!!!!
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Jim, have you read the twytter thread, went out in her three days in a row over weekend & Monday! Snake is a great drive, but depends on the time & traffic!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

My favourite road is the one just by my drive NSL and twisties!!!