Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: time getting near for new rubber

Open a new thread and tell us more please ....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Ha ha, bring it on.

A few years ago I joined the MSA, got my racing pack, kit etc to go sprinting. It's the only motorsport you can do in a completely standard car, ie you need no roll cage. The sprint events are cheap, and you mix with real motorsports enthusiasts, not the 'tuner boy brigade'. I was thinking back then to start an NSX sprint challenge which we could run inside the main championship.

If we got serious we could even get the NSXCB to become a MSA club, and run our own series!

Sprinting, for those that don't know, is like doing one lap of a track, on your own. Usually the tracks are airfields.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

TCS off too!? I thought of doing this too as I'm very impatient with the slow wear rate too with the GY!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    TCS off too!? I thought of doing this too as I'm very impatient with the slow wear rate too with the GY!
    TCS off is not going to help to increase the wear rate if the wheel is not rotating and will not be activated when stationary in your garage.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Kare, My reputation precedes me!

On a serious note I have been tempted to go to Tesco's carpark at night just to do that, but then theres the CCTV & then a visit from the bill to contend with!
    Honda's Finest Hour

Default Hankook V12 Evo

Hi Rob,

Have a look at these, now OEM for a number of manufacturers including Audi

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...&nichtweiter=1

I was talking to my tyre guy today as I need tyres for my daily use and have been using these on the Merc. Appears they are now available in OEM NSX sizes for @ £80 fronts and £150 rears.

I have been very pleased with these. They offer very good wet weather grip, have stiff sidewalls and in the recent dry weather have proved both quiet and informative.

Maybe worth a try? I'll be geting some for the new rims in a few weeks

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I never knew Hankook made tyres suitable for the NSX. I found this tyre test & the S2 is the closest comparison to our cars. HTH

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerre...evo/index.html
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234