Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Grim will it get?

1. Default How Grim will it get?

Just came back from a stag weekend in Edinburgh...

Principles Clothing store closed, See Saw ( ladies lingerie shop err closed )
    all since friday a.m. I'm completely flanked by closed stores now.

wokingham is going to look like a retail ghost town if this keeps up - seen about 6 victims since woolworths. makes you wonder how long before it will all filter down to my... can i get an optimistic drum roll..... "recruitment company"... ugh
    Last edited by Boomin33; 09-03-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

I think we all feel the same about how desperate things are getting! Retail like spending habits will probably change forever. I hope the recruitment sector improves. Thank god the BOE is printing more money!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post

wokingham is going to look like a retail ghost town if this keeps up - seen about 6 victims since woolworths. makes you wonder how long before it will all filter down to my... can i get an optimistic drum roll..... "recruitment company"... ugh
    On a positive note, how was Edinburgh for a stag do? It is probably my favourite city in the world (not that I've been to many really), and was pondering it for the venue of my stag do in a couple of months!

All I can say regarding your post, it is tough, and it will remain tough. From conversations we've had in the past I think you will be OK - just make sure your staff are working 110%, if not get rid and work harder yourself. The aim of this year for a lot of us will to keep our businesses afloat! You're not alone Rob...
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Matt, your stag do!? Congratualtions pal, you kept that quiet.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    just make sure your staff are working 110%, if not get rid and work harder yourself.
    Matt have you been hanging out on prime!

Default Edinburgh for Stag do!

Hi Boomin,

you should have said, am home this weekend and I could have been your private Satg Tour Guide, Edinburgh is my home town, and I know many a place to go, and Yes it is possible to drink 24hrs here (if you can last that long)

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Matt have you been hanging out on prime!
    No, but I have been working 70 hour weeks for about 2 years trying to hang in there mate...

I always hate the 110% thing, sorry!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Matt, your stag do!? Congratualtions pal, you kept that quiet.
    Thanks, getting married August 22nd this year, so not long now...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomin33 View Post

Well with the way things are going in N.I over the past few days; Stores/Businesses closing down would be good, compared to the 3 killings of 2 soldiers and a just tonight a police officer was shot dead.

With the recession being what it is and bringing some hard times, all we need is to see something more escelating from this. I just hope it doesnt return to the days of the troubles
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Thank god the BOE is printing more money!
    Is this a good idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast