Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrol Guage Accuracy on a 3.2?

Default Petrol Guage Accuracy on a 3.2?

Hi,

I'm on my fifth tank since buying my NSX. I still haven't worked out the petrol guage though! It seems to say empty on the dial (no orange light I assume though) but when I fill it up it only takes about 54 litres. I read in the handbook that it has a 70 litle tank - is this true and if so how can you work out how much you have left when it reaches the bottom of the red?

Sorry to ask such a mundane question, but it is really frustrating me at the moment as I'm not sure all the time if I'm running on vapours or 15 litres of fuel!

Cheers,

Matt.

Default HOnda gauge

Hello

I have a 3.2 T car fir 3 weeks now I only drove from the south off france where i bought the car back to Holland. I know petrol gauges on honda cars are allways strange thinks.

Att first you think this thing is not comming dawn and att once itt falls like the devel, But i know some people with other nsx cars and the tell me that you can drive untill the empty lamp goes on without any problem.

SO why don't we try this on our cars??

greatings ronny

Default You could have a point!

Hello,

You could be right. I didn't think it had a fuel light though, and I didn't want to find out the hard way!

I can imagine it was a nice drive back from picking up your car! A good run to get to know it properly.

It is just the thought of the damage running out of petrol will do if you risk it!

Cheers,

Matt.

4. Default

I went through this "trust barrier" when I got mine.

There _is_ a light. I think there are about 9litres left when it comes on - so maybe 50 miles if you're very very lucky.

yer there is a fuel light, it comes on, acording to my hand book, at 11lts=2.4 gal. i dont know about older cars but mine is next to the flashing green key light for the immobilizer system

6. Default

Interesting. The guage in my car certainly isn't linear either: The first 'half' of the tank lasts a lot longer than the second half according to the guage!

It could be that the "sender" unit isn't working correctly. I had my dealer check out my gauge due to light never coming on - the snder is broken which will cost around £100 to fix. One of thes edays i'll sort it out!

This may well be a "feature" of the 3.2's (if not all NSX's?), as my 3.2 exhibits similar characteristics.

Fuel gauge operates normally for the first 2/3rd's then quickly decends into the red.
    I've pushed it further with each tankfull by driving around with a spare fuel can in the boot. I hate refuelling early and yes I know about dirt at the bottom of the tank potentially being sucked up.
    Last attempt saw the gauge clean through the red section and well into the "0" marking. The warning light was on for at least 50 miles.

Still only got 67 ltrs in!!

i dont think it realy matters how full or empty the tank is, any dirt will settle to the bottom of the tank anyway when the car is parked, so it would still get picked up.

Interesting. The guage in my car certainly isn't linear either: The first 'half' of the tank lasts a lot longer than the second half according to the guage!
    This is surely down to the shape of the tank?

They definately do have a low petrol light but it only comes on when you're at the bottom of the red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast