Thread: Brake pads NA1 or NA2

1. Default Brake pads NA1 or NA2

I bought some front pads about a year ago and now I'm not sure if they're NA1 or NA2 pads.

The code is missing the last letter - can anyone tell which car they're for from the remaining details?

If they're NA1 I don;t need them so they'll be up for grabs. I also have a complete set of second hand NA1 disc which I'll dig out and list... can't remember how much wear they have.

Thanks,

Luke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG6656.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	5027  
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

I thought pads were the same for all years ??
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

3. Default

Maybe they are... hopefuilly they are!

I don't want to get someone to fit the wrong ones and ppay for labour only to have to have everything put back together again.

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Maybe they are... hopefuilly they are!

I don't want to get someone to fit the wrong ones and ppay for labour only to have to have everything put back together again.

L*
    Luke,

It takes longer, to jack it up and take the wheels off than to change the pads, so why not drop one out for comparison?

They're probably for a Legend anyway
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Default Brake application

Luke, you should be able to go to the NISSIN web site and follow the number you have and hopefully get your answer.
    They DO make the brake systems for the NSX but i'm not sure about the individual bits.
    I've been there to sort out callipers and bracketry.

Cheers
    nigel

The pads are the same size. Hell they're even the same size for Civics, Accords and everything else.

They change the compounds slightly, so the NSX pads are harder than the others.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Blog Entries

Hi, Luke and all.

Most of the aftermarket brake pads are designed for both the early (before NA2) and the latest (since the introduction of NA2) brake design of NSX. I didn't use the word NA1 and NA2 on purposely. Your pad is from Nissin so you can use it on both the early and latest brake design of NSX.

The size and design of OEM Honda brake pads were chagned when NA2 was introduced. If you overlay them, you'll notice the difference but it's only a few mm difference. You can still fit it to both brake design.

I used to test original GP Pad (the 1st red one) designed for the early model of NSX and used it on 2002 Type-R callipers as well.

Regards,
    Kaz

8. Default

Thanks Kaz

Paul - it says NSX on the box you cheeky

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005