Thread: Web Site move

Default Web Site move

The NSXCB website has been moved to a new server. Any delays you experienced is down to the DNS name (the nsxcb.co.uk) having to be updated across the Internet. That is a function of your Internet provider not me.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Default server

Actualy seems quicker today.....is it? If so, well done you!

Maybe it's because 50% of the members haven't been able to connect yet. The reason for moving wasn't one of performance.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Thought something was afoot yesterday, missed my evening "fix"

All looks ok now.
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Default Difficulty accessing this site

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The NSXCB website has been moved to a new server. Any delays you experienced is down to the DNS name (the nsxcb.co.uk) having to be updated across the Internet. That is a function of your Internet provider not me.
    Tonight to my surprise I got a message from Senninha via NSXprime that this site had been back up since Sunday night!! For days I had kept on getting the "Please wait while we do some work. The NSXCB will return!" so I assumed it was still down. :-(I still can't get to the site using the address in my browser. How long should it take for the DNS servers to be updated? Surely not three days?I managed to log on in the end but only by going annonymously through a proxy server.....My ISP in Nildram, is there anything being blocked towards them from the NSXCB server??Cheers,Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Tonight to my surprise I got a message from Senninha via NSXprime that this site had been back up since Sunday night!! For days I had kept on getting the "Please wait while we do some work. The NSXCB will return!" so I assumed it was still down. :-(I still can't get to the site using the address in my browser. How long should it take for the DNS servers to be updated? Surely not three days?I managed to log on in the end but only by going annonymously through a proxy server.....My ISP in Nildram, is there anything being blocked towards them from the NSXCB server??Cheers,Gary
    Delete all your temp internet files and old shortcuts to nsxcb then start again, you may find this will help...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Delete all your temp internet files and old shortcuts to nsxcb then start again, you may find this will help...
    Thanks but I did try deleting the temp files......still doesn't work!!
    Even if I google NSXCB it still has the old message that the site is down and I can't load it from there either....
    Last edited by Hagasan; 24-02-2009 at 10:55 PM.

The IP address for nsxcb.co.uk is 74.208.125.94.

Here's a technical bit;

Open a command prompt on your computer. Type in 'nslookup nsxcb.co.uk' and press enter.

You should get the ip address as above.

If you don't type in ipconfig /flushdns, and repeat the test above.

It may be you have a router that is caching the old address, and has not downloaded the updated one.

The ipconfig /flushdns clears the cache on your computer. If this still fails, reset your router.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The IP address for nsxcb.co.uk is 74.208.125.94.

Here's a technical bit;

Open a command prompt on your computer. Type in 'nslookup nsxcb.co.uk' and press enter.

You should get the ip address as above.

If you don't type in ipconfig /flushdns, and repeat the test above.

It may be you have a router that is caching the old address, and has not downloaded the updated one.

The ipconfig /flushdns clears the cache on your computer. If this still fails, reset your router.
    Hi Kevin,

The last thing I did last night was reset the router but I still had the same issues and went to bed!

Just tried this morning and it's working fine now so it was probably the router, just me being impatient after resetting it?!?

Cheers,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Hi Kevin,

The last thing I did last night was reset the router but I still had the same issues and went to bed!

Just tried this morning and it's working fine now so it was probably the router, just me being impatient after resetting it?!?

Cheers,

Gary
    Could be IE caching the page